THU 11/17 (10:30AM) — We got a great many issues this Sun 11/20 with the schedule. First off, we are reduced to only a few timeslots at BCRC. Also, as you know from another article I wrote yesterday, I’m loathe to succumb to the much higher gym fees at WKRC. Finally, there are major tipoff request conflicts. Here are the divisions that will NOT play this Sun 11/20, and will resume on 12/4 (remember, 11/27 is Thanksgiving weekend and no games)…
- rec-o-: The main problem I had here was that Dream/Warriors/Kryptonite all want early games, but there’s no other game early in any of the other Oakland divisions to put an hour rest for the winner of Dream/Warriors. Also, we can still finish this division off by 12/18.
- rec-o+: The tipoff timeframes here were sort of over-ran by the other divisions, and the other divisions need to continue on to be over by 12/18. Also, Hype forfeited last week, so we need to collect $50 to pay the refs. If they don’t pay, then they’ll be expelled, not to mention frowned upon by our esteemed Oakland ref crew. This gives them time to pay the forfeit fee.
- aaa-e: We can finish the regional champ off by 12/11 still and with a doubleheader and late request by OOR, scheduling was going to be next to impossible. It worked itself out.
- a/r-sj: Please note, the four Losers Bracket teams are still playing, but just not a doubleheader. A bye for the “2nd half of this round” (for lack of better words) due to tipoff conflict caused by GSCC special request. Truth be told, GSCC’s requests have not been that productive this season, but their captain is very good at posting them to the MSR page in a reasonable timeframe and always pays the $5 when necessary. Also, Murkery and Garage are “running away” with this division, so maybe a bye will cool them off a bit and introduce a little parity. Who knows, maybe not.
- aaa-sj: Again, a tipoff conflict made it hard to schedule the championship. But it doesn’t need to get played til 12/4 anyways, considering AAA-SF and AAA-OAK are behind, since those divisions have more teams. Remember, we are going to have a Bay Area championship involving all these three AAA locales.
Last two things: When you guys did signups, I told you not to take vacation thru 12/18. This is exactly why. And finally, you can see that during the playoffs and esp for Losers Bracket teams with doubleheaders, scheduling you exactly in your timeframe is very difficult sometimes. You just have to take it with a grain of salt and remember that Dream League is literally the only league out there that offers double-elimination status.
Here are the matchups that have been postponed, with a short explanation at the beginning. You can glean the tipoff timeframe cross-section difficulties at the end of each matchup too…
– no early times rec-o- Last LB Game: #4 Dream at #2 Warriors-Rec 9a–2p 9a–2p
– no early times rec-o- Championship: Winner-Drm/Warr at #9 Kryptonite [9a-2p] 10a-2p
– tip conflict aaa-e Last LB Game: #4 Marin at #2 Out Of Retirement 4p–p- (>6p)
– tip conflict aaa-e Championship: Winner-Mrn/OOR at #1 Purefoods [>6p] 3p–8p
– LOut bye rec-o+ p3-WB: #6 Lights Out at #4 Team China (>3p) 1p–7p
– Hype $fft rec-o+ p3a-LB: #8 Hype at #1 Purefoods 12p-5p 3p–8p
– due other rec-o+ issue rec-o+ p3a-LB: #5 Tone Team at #2 Lao Ru PM 6p–p- 3p–p-
– due other rec-o+ issue rec-o+ p3b-LB: Winner-Tone/LaoR at Winner-Hype/Pure [>3p] [3p-5p]
– too good tms a/r-sj p3-WB: #2 Garage Kids at #1 Murkery Basketball 12p-p- 10a-p-
– tip conflict a/r-sj p3b-LB: Winner-ROLC/FnF at Winner-GSCC/FCrw [4p-5p] [2p]
– tip conflict aaa-sj Championship: Winner-BadN/Shoh at #1 SJ Hibachi AAA [12p-4p] 1p–8p
Here are the specific tipoff issues for the games scheduled for this Sun 11/20 below…
– 930a Wolverines: only timeslot plus doubleheader required, 2nd game in timeframe (if win)
– 1030a Full Tilt: only timeslot plus doubleheader required, 2nd game in timeframe (if win)
– 1130a Entourage: only timeslot plus doubleheader required, 2nd game at ISAH (if win)
– 1230p Hapa: only timeslot plus doubleheader required, 2nd game at ISAH (if win)
– 230p ASNG/Boom: at BGCE for scorekeepers
– 330p Fam: 3p midpoint rule
– 530p Problems: only timeslot remaining
– 1130a Sonics vs P2W: split difference on tipoff requests
– 130p FCC vs Bottle: 2nd game at BGCE
– 230p Winner-SFFD/Ent vs Winner-ESF/Hapa: at ISAH due to BGCE scorekeeping staff
– 4p Winner-Drm/SS6F: only timeslot remaining
– 5p Dragon: only timeslot remaining
– 6p Kurruption: overlap avoidance
– 7p Undrafted: only timeslot remaining
– 8p Whatever vs TWSS: only timeslot remaining
– 9p Sole A/R: only timeslot remaining
– 4p FortuneCrew: GSCC forfeit otherwise
I WILL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE BRACKETS THRU THESE 11/20 MATCHUPS THIS WEEKEND…
| SPECIAL REQ FOR 11/20 (see MSR page)
11/20 6ft-sj SJB =2p-5p
11/20 aaa-e OOR >6p
11/20 a/r-sj GSCC >4p
11/20 a/r-sf Soni =early
11/20 a/r-sf Tilt =12p-2p
11/20 a/r-sf Stun >4p
11/20 aaa-p Grey 3p
BYES FOR 11/20 (*-natural, see roadmap)
DOUBLEHEADERS FOR 11/20
| SCHEDULING ISSUES FOR 11/20
– Read posts above.
AVOID THESE OVERLAPS FOR 11/20
NOTE: If you see blank rows in the table below, there are errors; if so, please disregard the table and email me immediately. All games in bold cannot be moved/swapped.
|11/20||9:30am||BGCE||a/r-sf||p2a-LB: #8 Blazers at #7 Wolverines-A/R||9a–3p||11a-5p|
|11/20||10:30am||BGCE||a/r-sf||p2a-LB: #9 Heatonkees at #6 Full Tilt||(ok)||12p-5p|
|11/20||11:30am||BGCE||rec-sf||p3a-LB: #7 SFFD at #3 Entourage||9a–2p||2p–8p|
|11/20||12:30pm||BGCE||rec-sf||p3a-LB: #5 Elite (SF) at #2 Hapa||9a–3p||2p–7p|
|11/20||1:30pm||BGCE||a/r-sf||p2b-LB: Winner-Blzr/WlvA at Winner-Heat/Tilt||[11a-3p]||[12p-5p]|
|11/20||2:30pm||BGCE||rec-sf||p3-WB: #6 All Show No Go at #1 Boom (SF)||1p–p-||9a–1p|
|11/20||3:30pm||BGCE||a/r-sf||p2b-LB: Winner-FCC/Bott at #4 The Fam||[1p-3p]||9a–2p|
|11/20||4:30pm||BGCE||a/r-sf||p2-WB: #3 Stun Guns at #2 Braves||(>4p)||11a-4p|
|11/20||5:30pm||BGCE||aaa-sf||p2b-LB: #2 ABC Hawks at #1 Problems||1p–6p||10a-2p|
|11/20||6:30pm||BGCE||AL/aaa||Game1of3: SF City at Rangers||7p||5p–p-|
|11/20||7:30pm||BGCE||aaa-sf||p2-WB: #6 BCL East All-Stars at #4 TorrCats||9a–6p||4p–p-|
|11/20||8:30pm||BGCE||AL/aaa||Game2of3: Rangers at SF City||5p–p-||7p|
|11/20||11:30am||ISAH||a/r-sf||p2-WB: #5 Sonics at #1 P2W||(early)||2p–2p|
|11/20||12:30pm||ISAH||6ft-sf||Championship: #2 Ed O’Banners at #1 Prodigy||12p-7p||9a–2p|
|11/20||1:30pm||ISAH||a/r-sf||p2a-LB: #11 Flight Club Cobras at #10 Bottle Service||1p–6p||10a-3p|
|11/20||2:30pm||ISAH||rec-sf||p3b-LB: Winner-SFFD/Ent at Winner-ESF/Hapa||[2p]||[2p-3p]|
|11/20||2:00pm||WKRC||6ft-oak||Last LB Game: #4 Dream at #2 Sole Supremacy 6ft||9a–2p||2p–7p|
|11/20||3:00pm||WKRC||aaa-p||p2-LB: #7 Franchize at #6 Colossal||10a-2p||4p–p-|
|11/20||4:00pm||WKRC||6ft-oak||Championship: Winner- Drm/SS6F at #1 Sqad Up||[2p]||12p-6p|
|11/20||5:00pm||WKRC||aaa-p||p2-WB: #5 Purple Haze at #1 Dragon||5p–p-||9a–4p|
|11/20||6:00pm||BCRC||aaa-p||p2-WB: #3 Hoop Squad at #2 Kurruption||4p–p-||12p-5p|
|11/20||7:00pm||BCRC||a/r-oak||p2-LB: #7 New Hope at #4 Undrafted||2p–8p||12p-5p|
|11/20||8:00pm||BCRC||a/r-oak||p2-WB: #6 Whatever at #2 That’s What She Said||12p-6p||2p–7p|
|11/20||9:00pm||BCRC||a/r-oak||p2-WB: #5 It’s In There at #1 Sole Supremacy A/R||4p–p-||2p–7p|
|11/20||2:00pm||PHHS||aaa-sj||Last LB Game: #4 Bad News at #3 Shohoku||12p-5p||10a-4p|
|11/20||3:00pm||PHHS||6ft-sj||Last LB Game: #4 Booom (SJ) at #2 SJ Barons||3p–8p||(2p-5p)|
|11/20||4:00pm||PHHS||a/r-sj||p3a-LB: #5 Good Shepherd Christian Community at #3 FortuneCrew||(>4p)||10a-2p|
|11/20||5:00pm||PHHS||a/r-sj||p3a-LB: #7 River Of Life Christian Church at #4 F’n’F Warriors||4p–p-||12p-5p|
|11/20||6:00pm||PHHS||6ft-sj||Championship: Winner-BmSJ/SJB at #1 San Jose Hibachi 6FT||[3p-6p]||1p–8p|
ISAH = ISA High School, enter back pkg lot at 19th St and Carolina, SF (going to front of school no good)
BGCE = Boys & Girls Club Excelsior, 163 London: arrive early to find street parking.
SSFM/SSFX = South San Francisco HS Main and Aux gyms, 400 B St, South San Francisco: park in lot off El Camino and Ponderosa. Walk through school gate entrance and veer left, take sidewalk towards gym structure.
OCHS = O’Connell High School, 20th St betw Harrison & Folsom: enter side entrance on 20th St, if the parking lot gate is available, park away from the construction and nearest to soccer field, if the parking lot is closed then find street parking.
MDLS = Mission Dolores School, 455 Church Street (16th St), SF: enter black gated parking lot next to Children’s Council Building
PHHS = Piedmont Hills High School, 1377 Piedmont Rd, San Jose: use or walk to backlot by portables
AHHS = Andrew Hill High School, 3200 Senter Rd, San Jose: park in large lot, gym is on left side towards the back, walk thru yellow pillars
WHSM = Wilcox High School (main gym), 3250 Monroe St, Santa Clara: main gym is on left side of campus, park in side spaces next to gym or large parking lot.
WHSX = Wilcox High School (aux gym), 3250 Monroe St, Santa Clara: park in lot, aux gym is accessible thru middle walkway between locker room and glass-window cafeteria, then a bit past swimming pool
JLHS = James Lick High School, 57 North White Rd, San Jose
BCRC = Bushrod Rec Center, 560 59th St. off Telegraph (not Shattuck!), Oakland (near Berkeley)
WKRC = Willie Keyes Community Rec Center (fka Poplar), 3131 Union Street, Emeryville, CA 94608
TFRC = Tassafaronga Rec Center, 975 85th Avenue, Oakland, CA 94621
IJRC = Ira Jinkins Rec Center, 9175 Edes Ave, Oakland