THU 11/10 (8:45PM) — Well the break got me in a better mood and I moved Kurruption’s game to WKRC to be more within their timeframe (sort of), even though it costs us more money there. Below are the matchup issues (scroll down). Here are the tipoff issues…
TIPOFF ISSUES (most of these are impacted by the fact there are multiple doubleheaders):
- Heatonkees vs Blazers: winner plays 2nd game after a long wait.
- Swoosh (vs Team CB): no other timeslot, 1st game at BGCE, 2nd game at ISA.
- Bottle Service vs Wolverines: 1st game at ISA, 2nd game at BGCE.
- SFFA vs Entourage: 1st game at BGCE, 2nd game at ISA.
- Problems (vs SF Warriors): no other timeslot left, also scorekeeping staff issues.
- Wolverines: early tipoff due to overlap with Wolves A/R.
- Flight Club Cobras: only timeslot left.
- Handsome Devils: only timeslot left.
- Stun Guns: only timeslot left.
- SFFD (if they won 1p): only timeslot left, 3p midpoint rule.
- Hype vs Team China: early game needed due to scorekeeping staff, no other timeslots.
- Aces: only timeslot left, scorekeeping staff (Dream).
- No Chance (vs Hefty): only timeslot left, 1st game WKRC, 2nd game BCRC.
- ReDream: Oakboyz can’t play later than 2p.
- Purple Haze: 3p midpoint rule.
- Oakboyz: if win, needs to play at 6p.
- Shockers vs Marin: 3p midpoint rule, 1st game WKRC, 2nd game BCRC.
- aaa-e Winner-Shck/Mar at Winner-RDT/Oakb: no other timeslot left.
- Sqad Up: no other timeslot left.
- Gremlins: must be first game at gym due to payment owed issue.
- BeastMode: only timeslot left, 1st of a doubleheader.
- F’n’F Warriors: only timeslot left, 2nd of doubleheader.
- Booom vs In10City: only timeslot left.
THU 11/10 (7:45PM) — I’ve been doing errands til 7p and on the computer here since 7p and I’m still getting complaints from people about this or that little petty thing. You know what? I quit. I’m taking a break. Doubt it will be a long break, but this is too much. Sorry, folks. See you maybe 830p (45 minutes from now). Be great for me and my staff to get a thank you every now and then for all the BS we put up with.
THU 11/10 (3:00PM) — OK, another updated version. Oakland games were adjusted to accommodate more of the timeframe issues, but still there are many, many timeframe issues, as is always the case in playoffs and Losers Bracket doubleheader situations. Let us look at the division-by-division matchups first, then we’ll look at the tipoff-by-tipoff issues, although the tipoffs are not finalized and will not be until 7p tonight as we put the finishing touches on (e.g., avoid overlaps, ensure adequate scorekeeping staff, etc.)…
- AL/aaa: Still no payment by SF City, so postpone them vs Rangers to 11/20 (doubleheader).
- AL/aaa: BCL vs Torr cannot agree on a tip, so postpone them in WB to 11/20 (got lucky here), no need for LB to play a doubleheader in that case.
- aaa-e: mini-final-four in Losers Bracket, there will be 3 teams left after 11/13.
- aaa-p: #1 Dragon gets the bye.
- 6ft-oak: 2 Winners Bracket teams become 1, loser of that joins winner of Losers Bracket on 11/20 (3 teams left).
- 6ft-sf: Prodigy wants a bye. Since 6ft-sf is ahead of 6ft-oak and 6ft-sj, we can take that bye.
- 6ft-sj: Elite SJ expelled. Bad News waits for loser of SJH vs SJB to play them on 11/20, followed by championship.
- ALL 6FT DIVISIONS: Bay Area Championship is likely on 12/4, noting that 11/27 is Thanksgiving holiday.
- a/r-sj: 5 teams left in Losers Bracket, worst two must play extra game, results in repeat of #8 vs #9.
- a/r-sf: 11 teams in first round, lowest seeds play doubleheaders (#6 thru #11) if they win.
- a/r-oak: #1 Sole Supremacy A/R gets the bye.
- rec-sf: 4 Winners Bracket teams become 2, 8 Losers Bracket teams become 2 (2 mini-final-fours).
- rec-o-: mini-final-four in Losers Bracket, there will be 3 teams left after 11/13.
- rec-o+: 4 Winners Bracket teams become 2, 4 Losers Bracket teams also become 2, mini-final-four in LB on 11/20.
TIPOFF ISSUES: will be posted when tipoffs are actually posted. There are a lot of mishaps because of the many Losers Bracket doubleheaders going on, so brace yourselves.
THU 11/10 (2:30PM) — Here’s a draft version of all three locations in probable chronological order. Thanks to Freddie for stepping in for Wylie this week. I’ll be following up with specific comments soon. Here are probable gym opening times: BGCE early morning, ISAH morning, BCRC early morning, WKRC afternoon, PHHS afternoon.
THU 11/10 (1:00PM) — Scroll down below to see the matchups. The Oakland matchups are the ones that are close to being final in terms of tipoffs. For SF and SJ, we just have a core dump of the matchups by division. However, we expect to have everything in chronological order by 3pm today.
If you have any questions about matchups, please have your captain text me. Explanations are forthcoming.
THU 11/10 (12:15AM) — Wylie, Freddie, and I have been very busy this week, but we do owe you some matchups and playoff brackets. At this pace, set all expectations back a bit and let’s try to target 7p tonight as when we’ll be able to post the tipoffs. Matchups should go up well before that.
Still, we have some issues…
- In the AL/aaa, SF City still hasn’t paid their final installment, so I’m just not sure if Game 1 of 3 vs the Rangers will start this Sun 11/13. If not, expect both Game 1 and 2 to be played on 11/20.
- In the rec-o+, the Gremlins have not paid their last installment, so I don’t know if their game vs Purefoods Rec is gonna be a forfeit.
- In the rec-o+, Lao Ru must bring $70 to the game, otherwise they might forfeit. That also means we might have to put their game first on the docket.
- A lot of games in Oakland, so expect full gym usage which means early start times and late end times. We are likely to go outside of people’s timeframes.
| SPECIAL REQ FOR 11/13 (see MSR page)
11/13 6ft-sf Prod =bye
11/13 6ft-sj SJB >4p
11/13 a/r-oak Udft >11a
11/13 a/r-sf Stun =12p-1p
11/13 a/r-sj GSCC >7p
11/13 rec-o- Aces >6p
11/13 rec-sf Hapa >5p
BYES FOR 11/13 (*-natural, see roadmap)
DOUBLEHEADERS FOR 11/13
| SCHEDULING ISSUES FOR 11/13
– Read posts above.
AVOID THESE OVERLAPS FOR 11/6
NOTE: If you see blank rows in the table below, there are errors; if so, please disregard the table and email me immediately. All games in bold cannot be moved/swapped.
|11/13||9:00am||BGCE||rec-sf||p2-WB: #5 Elite (SF) at #1 Boom (SF)||9a–3p||9a–1p|
|11/13||10:00am||BGCE||a/r-sf||playoffs1: #5 Sonics at #4 The Fam||9a–5p||9a–2p|
|11/13||11:00am||BGCE||a/r-sf||playoffs1a: #9 Heatonkees at #8 Blazers||11a-4p||9a–3p|
|11/13||12:00pm||BGCE||rec-sf||p2a-LB: #11 Swoosh at #4 Team CB||1p–4p||12p-5p|
|11/13||1:00pm||BGCE||a/r-sf||playoffs1b: Winner-Bott/WlvA at #2 Braves||[11a-3p]||11a-4p|
|11/13||2:00pm||BGCE||rec-sf||p2a-LB: #12 SF Free Agents at #3 Entourage||11a-p-||2p–8p|
|11/13||3:00pm||BGCE||a/r-sf||playoffs1b: Winner-Heat/Blzr at #1 P2W||[11a-3p]||2p–2p|
|11/13||4:00pm||BGCE||AL/aaa||p2a-LB: #5 SF Warriors AAA at #1 Problems||10a-5p||10a-2p|
|11/13||5:00pm||BGCE||AL/aaa||p2a-LB: #3 BluePrint at #2 ABC Hawks||10a-p-||1p–6p|
|11/13||6:00pm||BGCE||rec-sf||p2-WB: #6 All Show No Go at #2 Hapa||1p–p-||(>5p)|
|11/13||10:00am||ISAH||rec-sf||p2a-LB: #10 Wolverines-REC at #8 Frisco Hawks||11a-4p||9a–1p|
|11/13||11:00am||ISAH||a/r-sf||playoffs1a: #10 Bottle Service at #7 Wolverines-A/R||10a-3p||11a-5p|
|11/13||12:00pm||ISAH||a/r-sf||playoffs1a: #11 Flight Club Cobras at #6 Full Tilt||1p–6p||12p-5p|
|11/13||1:00pm||ISAH||rec-sf||p2a-LB: #9 Handsome Devils at #7 SFFD||2p–p-||9a–2p|
|11/13||2:00pm||ISAH||a/r-sf||playoffs1b: Winner-FCC/Tilt at #3 Stun Guns||[1p-5p]||(12p-1p)|
|11/13||3:00pm||ISAH||rec-sf||p2b-LB: Winner-HsDv/SFFD at Winner-Swsh/TmCB||[2p]||[12p-4p]|
|11/13||4:00pm||ISAH||rec-sf||p2b-LB: Winner-WlvR/FrHw at Winner-SFFA/Ent||[3p-4p]||[2p-8p]|
|11/13||10:00am||BCRC||rec-o-||p3-WB: #9 Kryptonite at #2 Warriors-Rec||10a-2p||9a–2p|
|11/13||11:00am||BCRC||rec-o+||p2-WB: #8 Hype at #4 Team China||12p-5p||1p–7p|
|11/13||12:00pm||BCRC||rec-o-||p3a-LB: #6 Aces at #4 Dream||(>6p)||9a–2p|
|11/13||1:00pm||BCRC||a/r-oak||playoffs1: #6 Whatever at #3 Main Event||12p-6p||12p-5p|
|11/13||2:00pm||BCRC||aaa-e||p2a-LB: #5 ReDream Team at #3 Oakboyz II Men||4p–p-||9a–2p|
|11/13||3:00pm||BCRC||aaa-p||playoffs1: #5 Purple Haze at #4 Grey Goose||5p–p-||10a-3p|
|11/13||4:00pm||BCRC||rec-o-||p3b-LB: Winner- NoCh/Hfty at Winner-Aces/Drm||[3p]||[12p-2p]|
|11/13||5:00pm||BCRC||rec-o+||p2-LB: #5 Tone Team at #4 JS23||6p–p-||1p–4p|
|11/13||6:00pm||BCRC||aaa-e||p2b-LB: Winner-Shck/Mar at Winner-RDT/Oakb||[3p]||[3p]|
|11/13||7:00pm||BCRC||aaa-e||p2-WB: #2 Out Of Retirement at #1 Purefoods||12p-1p,>6p||3p–8p|
|11/13||8:00pm||BCRC||6ft-oak||p2-WB: #2 Sole Supremacy 6FT at #1 Sqad Up||2p–7p||12p-6p|
|11/13||9:00pm||BCRC||6ft-oak||p2a-LB: #4 Dream 6FT at #3 Rich/RJ’s Rayguns||3p–7p||10a-p-|
|11/13||11:30am||WKRC||rec-o+||p2-LB: #7 Gremlins at #1 Purefoods Rec||4p–p-||11a-3p|
|11/13||12:30pm||WKRC||aaa-p||playoffs1: #7 Franchize at #2 Kurruption||10a-2p||12p-5p|
|11/13||1:30pm||WKRC||rec-o-||p3a-LB: #8 No Chance at #3 Hefty||3p–p-||10a-3p|
|11/13||2:30pm||WKRC||aaa-e||p2a-LB: #6 Shockers at #4 Marin||11a-3p||4p–p-|
|11/13||3:30pm||WKRC||a/r-oak||playoffs1: #5 It’s In There at #4 Undrafted||4p–p-||(>11a)|
|11/13||4:30pm||WKRC||aaa-p||playoffs1: #6 Colossal at #3 Hoop Squad||4p–p-||4p–p-|
|11/13||5:30pm||WKRC||rec-o+||p2-WB: #6 Lights Out at #2 Lao Ru PM||1p–7p||3p–p-|
|11/13||6:30pm||WKRC||a/r-oak||playoffs1: #7 New Hope at #2 That’s What She Said||2p–8p||2p–7p|
|11/13||2:00pm||PHHS||a/r-sj||p2-WB: #3 FortuneCrew at #2 Garage Kids||10a-2p||12p-p-|
|11/13||3:00pm||PHHS||aaa-sj||p2-WB: #3 Shohoku at #1 SJ Hibachi AAA||10a-4p||1p–8p|
|11/13||4:00pm||PHHS||a/r-sj||p2-LB: #7 River Of Life Christian Church at #6 Taiwanzen||4p–p-||3p–6p|
|11/13||5:00pm||PHHS||a/r-sj||p2a-LB: #9 Cool Runnings at #8 Beast Mode||11a-7p||6p–p-|
|11/13||6:00pm||PHHS||6ft-sj||p2-WB: #2 SJ Barons at #1 San Jose Hibachi 6FT||(>4p)||1p–8p|
|11/13||7:00pm||PHHS||a/r-sj||p2b-LB: Winner-Cool/BstM at #4 F’n’F Warriors||[6p-7p]||12p-5p|
|11/13||8:00pm||PHHS||a/r-sj||p2-WB: #5 Good Shepherd Christian Community at #1 Murkery Basketball||(>7p)||10a-p-|
|11/13||9:00pm||PHHS||6ft-sj||p2-LB: #4 Booom (SJ) at #3 In10City||3p–8p||2p–8p|
ISAH = ISA High School, enter back pkg lot at 19th St and Carolina, SF (going to front of school no good)
BGCE = Boys & Girls Club Excelsior, 163 London: arrive early to find street parking.
SSFM/SSFX = South San Francisco HS Main and Aux gyms, 400 B St, South San Francisco: park in lot off El Camino and Ponderosa. Walk through school gate entrance and veer left, take sidewalk towards gym structure.
OCHS = O’Connell High School, 20th St betw Harrison & Folsom: enter side entrance on 20th St, if the parking lot gate is available, park away from the construction and nearest to soccer field, if the parking lot is closed then find street parking.
MDLS = Mission Dolores School, 455 Church Street (16th St), SF: enter black gated parking lot next to Children’s Council Building
PHHS = Piedmont Hills High School, 1377 Piedmont Rd, San Jose: use or walk to backlot by portables
AHHS = Andrew Hill High School, 3200 Senter Rd, San Jose: park in large lot, gym is on left side towards the back, walk thru yellow pillars
WHSM = Wilcox High School (main gym), 3250 Monroe St, Santa Clara: main gym is on left side of campus, park in side spaces next to gym or large parking lot.
WHSX = Wilcox High School (aux gym), 3250 Monroe St, Santa Clara: park in lot, aux gym is accessible thru middle walkway between locker room and glass-window cafeteria, then a bit past swimming pool
JLHS = James Lick High School, 57 North White Rd, San Jose
BCRC = Bushrod Rec Center, 560 59th St. off Telegraph (not Shattuck!), Oakland (near Berkeley)
WKRC = Willie Keyes Community Rec Center (fka Poplar), 3131 Union Street, Emeryville, CA 94608
TFRC = Tassafaronga Rec Center, 975 85th Avenue, Oakland, CA 94621
IJRC = Ira Jinkins Rec Center, 9175 Edes Ave, Oakland