TUE 7/19 (11:15AM) — I still owe you all the roadmaps for 6FT+1 and REC, but scroll down and you’ll see the tipoffs for this upcoming Sat 7/23. Note: as of this writing we expect all games to be at OCHS, which is our primary gym unless the sh*t hits the fan, in which case BGCE would be our backup. As such, I have left the gym location for BGCE below, just in case.
My plan is to finish up the tipoffs of the two remaining Sat regular season weeks coming up on 7/30 and 8/6, even before I start scheduling the Sunday league docket for this Sun 7/24. It will be difficult to change that once I am done with that task, in the next 24 hours. However, bear in mind that on 8/13, we start playoffs, so I’ll be busy taking in all the special requests the week before that anyways. I am unable to schedule that in advance, of course, because we don’t know whom is playing whom yet for the playoffs.
Btw, here were the special requests for this Sat 7/23…
- 7/23 6ft+1 AvgJ =late (latest I could do given the circumstances below was 5p)
- 7/23 6ft+1 Fam =1p-3p
Here are the byes for Sat 7/23…
- 7/23 6ft+1 byes: Bay Area Ballers at Blueprint — matchup played last Sat 7/16
- 7/23 REC bye: Motionz (natural bye)
The byes would be easier to comprehend once I post the roadmaps, but for 6ft+1 the Bay Area Ballers requested both 7/23 and 7/30 as byes, so I had to create doubleheaders for that to happen. I basically forced Blueprint to adhere to that schedule, and it worked out for them as they won both games of their doubleheader last Sat 7/16, but must sit on 7/23 along with BA Ballers. Meanwhile in the REC, Motionz had specifically asked for 7/23 off, so I gave them the natural bye since we have 9 teams in REC and one takes a bye each week. Again, this will become self-evident when I post the roadmaps real soon.
Here are the doubleheaders for 7/23…
- 7/23 dh: 6ft+1 Problems at iParty All-Stars
- i.e., Problems plays at 3p,6p and iParty All-Stars at 3p,5p
This is a makeup of the 7/2 matchup in which both Problems and iParty had asked for a bye on 7/2. Here are the (small) issues heading into this Sat 7/23…
- I made our first game start at 11am. This gave me more flexibility in fitting everyone in their timeframes or special requests than if I had started things at 12pm.
- Handsome Devils play at 12pm which is one hour earlier than preferred. No other timeslot available, and I didn’t want to impose another late game on their opponent, the Wolverines.
- GPC will play at 4pm, one hour after their 9a-3p timeframe. This just simply could not be avoided, given the slew of games in the mid-afternoon, plus dealing with iParty’s three games (two in 6FT+1, one in REC). You’ll see this on the roadmap soon, but iParty All-Stars is playing a doubleheader in the 6FT+1 due to their mutual bye request back on 7/2. This is a makeup of that.
BGCE = Boys & Girls Club Excelsior, 163 London: arrive early to find street parking.
OCHS = O’Connell High School, 20th St betw Harrison & Folsom: enter side entrance on 20th St, if the parking lot gate is available, park away from the construction and nearest to soccer field, if the parking lot is closed then find street parking.
NOTE: Games listed in bold are “locked” at their respective times and cannot be moved/changed.
|7/23||11:00am||OCHS||REC||Aubergine at Soup Nazis||11a-12p||9a-2p|
|7/23||12:00pm||OCHS||REC||Handsome Devils at Wolverines||1p–8p||10a-4p|
|7/23||1:00pm||OCHS||6ft+1||Wizards at The Fam||1p-5p||(1p-3p)|
|7/23||2:00pm||OCHS||REC||Kings at iParty Squadron||1p-3p||2p-3p|
|7/23||3:00pm||OCHS||6ft+1||Problems at iParty All-Stars||>1230p||2p-3p|
|7/23||4:00pm||OCHS||REC||GPC at Hooligans||9a–3p||1p-5p|
|7/23||5:00pm||OCHS||6ft+1||iParty All-Stars at Average Joes||2p-3p||(late)|
|7/23||6:00pm||OCHS||6ft+1||Eagles at Problems||>4p||>1230p|