SAT 7/16 (9:45AM) — In the interests of time, I’ll try to be as brief as possible. There will be two REC-AM playoff brackets, segregated. The Upper will consist of .500+ teams and everyone gets double-elimination status. The Lower bracket will feature sub-.500 teams and with a 7-game regular season, all teams there will only get single-elimination status. Before we go into further detail, please note that teams only played one time against the opposite conference, therefore tiebreakers often came down to strength-of-victory, which Dream League defines as point differential in games won, with a blowout cap of 20.
Here are the seeds…
UPPER BRACKET FOR REC-AM (DOUBLE-ELIMINATION)
- Hawk’s (7-0) — won Western Conference, won strength-of-victory (10.1) vs Relapse
- Relapse (7-0) — won Eastern Conference, lost strength-of-victory (7.9) vs Hawk’s
- What Would Wat Do? (5-2) — won head-to-head vs No Chance, won s-o-v (9.4) vs Kryptonite
- No Chance (5-2) — lost head-to-head vs WWWD, won strength-of-victory (13.0) vs Kryptonite
- Kryptonite (5-2) — lost strength-of-victory (7.6) vs WWWD and No Chance
- SULD (4-3) — no h2h or common vs Warriors, won strength-of-victory (8.8) vs Oakland Warriors REC
- Oakland Warriors REC (4-3) — no h2h or common vs SULD, lost strength-of-victory (7.0) vs SULD
LOWER BRACKET FOR REC-AM (SINGLE-ELIMINATION)
- LightsOut (3-4) — no h2h or common vs Tune, won s-o-v (14.3) vs Tune, “won” Eastern Conference
- Tune Squad (3-4) — no h2h or common vs LOut, lost s-o-v (8.3) vs LOut, “won” Western Conference
- Fab VIII (2-5) — no h2h or common vs Town Business, won s-o-v (11.0) vs Town Business
- Town Business (2-5) — won h2h vs NLDR, no h2h/common vs Fab, lost s-o-v (9.0) vs Fab VIII
- NotLikeDaRest (2-5) — lost head-to-head vs Town Business, cannot finish higher than Town Business
- City Knights (0-7) — no h2h or common vs The Other Guys, won point diff (-9.6) vs The Other Guys
- The Other Guys (0-7) — no h2h or common vs City Knights, lost point diff (-15.0) vs City Knights
So the NFL tiebreakers are as follows: (1) head-to-head, (2) record vs common opponents, and (3) the so-called “strength of victory”, which is purposely left ambiguous by the NFL. Also, when you have a 3-way tiebreaker you first compare within your division, then across divisions. Therefore, we found that WWWD dominated No Chance, then each was compared Kryptonite one by one.
In the Lower bracket, for strength-of-victory, we actually had to use point differential for City Knights vs The Other Guys since neither team had a victory. We again capped point differential at 20 in blowouts.
FRI 6/10 (12:30PM) — The following are the current standings from 2011 Spring-Summer, REC-AM Lower division. These are simply ordered by W-L percentage then alphabetically, and therefore are not necessarily shown in the proper playoff tiebreaker order. That will be corrected when we reach the playoffs and the seeds are posted.
We have 8 teams and will play 7 regular season games each. Teams that finish 4-3 or better will get double-elimination status for the playoffs. Teams that finish 3-4 or worse will be one-and-done for the playoffs. Check your division’s roadmap for the calendar and email us if you suspect any discrepancies in the schedule/standings.
[iframe http://www.dreamleague.org/season/standings_embed.php?season_id=2300 725 800]