SAT 7/16 (8:30AM) — In the interests of time, I will have to keep the playoff seed discussion rather short. Don’t forget, Left Coast Hoops joined the A/R-SF playoffs. Here are the final seeds for the playoffs…
- Problems (5-1) — won Western Conference
- Rebels (4-2) — won Eastern Conference
- ABC Hawks (4-2)
- Monstars SF (3-3) — won head-to-head vs SF Warriors AAA
- SF Warriors AAA (3-3) — won h2h vs TorrCats, lost head-to-head vs Monstars SF
- TorrCats (3-3) — lost head-to-head vs SF Warriors AAA, cannot finish higher than SFWA
- Marin (2-4)
So we had two major tiebreakers:
- Rebels finished ahead of ABC because of the conference split. We almost always do that when we have separate conferences, just to make things interesting and because the double-elimination format sort of makes that a moot point anyways.
- In the NFL tiebreaker rules, you look within your conference first, then compare outward. So we first looked at SF Warriors vs TorrCats and SFWA won that head-to-head. So then you compare SFWA with Monstars and Monstars won that head-to-head. And that’s how you resolve that 3-way tiebreaker.
SAT 6/11 (2:15PM) — The following are the current standings from 2011 Spring-Summer, AAA-SF division. These are simply ordered by W-L percentage then alphabetically, and therefore are not necessarily shown in the proper playoff tiebreaker order. That will be corrected when we reach the playoffs and the seeds are posted.
We have 8 teams (we started with 9 and created the season schedule as such, but had to expel One Team One Dream for non-payments), and will play 6 regular season games each. That means all teams will get double-elimination status for the playoffs. Check your division’s roadmap for the calendar and email us if you suspect any discrepancies in the schedule/standings.
[iframe http://www.dreamleague.org/season/standings_embed.php?season_id=2312 725 800]