THU 9/24 (5:00PM) — Last few games in SF have been posted (best viewed at http://dreamleague.org).
NOTE: Deadline to make a request is 11:59p on the Tuesday before that Sunday’s game!
THU 9/17 (7:00PM) — Sorry for the delay, but we finally got approved to go another round of games at IJRC for OAK. SF tipoffs were already up per the last post and SJ has been postponed to Sun 10/4, per the logistics of the teams.
Btw, registrations for the Fall season have begun.
THU 9/17 (9:15AM) — SF tipoffs are ready to go, but we do not have a gym secured yet in OAK, as BCRC is delayed in response again (gym director has been absent there), so we’re waiting on responses from them, AHSM, and then IJRC if necessary. In SJ, the last game (BBOF vs Gunners) has been postponed to next Sun 9/27 due to schedule conflicts, and with those conflicts, we may end up playing that game in SF that day.
TUE 9/15 (12:30PM) — Playoff brackets are updated and there’s a draft of the schedule for this Sun 9/20 up (best viewed at http://dreamleague.org). Still waiting for responses from captains over the next 48 hours before finalizing anything. Probable start times at gyms are ISAH late morning, BCRC early afternoon, STCC late afternoon — but things could still change.
SAT 9/12 (3:30PM) — Btw, registrations for Fall are now up! All captains who signup are eligible to come play with us at Oracle Arena on Fri 12/18 for 45 minutes sometime between 12p-3p — provided they can help sell 5 tickets to that night’s Golden State Warriors game vs Jason Kidd‘s Milwaukee Bucks!
MON 9/7 (8:45AM) — Schedule for this Sun 9/13 is now up (best viewed at http://dreamleague.org).
FRI 9/4 (10:45AM) — All remaining teams’ captains have been contacted about no games this Sun 9/6 as well as the draft of the 9/13 schedule, which should be finalized by this afternoon pending approval from all twenty or captains involved.
GATE = Gateway HS, 1430 Scott St (more details later)
TIYM = Treasure Island YMCA Main Gym, parking lot at 9th St and Avenue I
ISAH = ISA High School, enter back pkg lot at 19th St and Carolina, SF (going to front of school no good)
BCRC = Bushrod Rec Center, 560 59th St. off Telegraph (not Shattuck!), Oakland (near Berkeley)
AHSM/AHSX = Alameda HS (Main gym/Aux gym), 2201 Encinal Ave, Alameda: Park in the pkg lot but not the spots that has van pkg. Or park at meters (Sunday free). Gym is the biggest bldg. More info later on small gym.
IJRC = Ira Jinkins Rec Center, 9175 Edes Ave, Oakland (near Coliseum)
WKRC = Willie Keyes Community Rec Center (fka Poplar), 3131 Union Street, Emeryville, CA 94608
RBRC = Rainbow Rec Center, 5800 International Blvd, Oakland (arrive early, new gym)
ARYC = Alum Rock Youth Center, 137 North White Road, SJ (down block from JLHS, still arrive early!)
STCC = Seven Trees Community Center, 3590 Cas Dr, SJ (near AHHS, park in front pkg lot, follow walkway to gym/library)
AHHS = Andrew Hill HS, 3200 Senter Road, SJ (park in covered lot, walk to gyms thru pillars to rear left side)
CCCM = Camden Comm Ctr (Main), 3369 Union Ave, SJ (park near & enter thru gate next to soccer field at back of pkg lot)
BCCM = Bascom Community Center (Main Gym), 1000 South Bascom Avenue, SJ
NOTE: IF YOUR TIPOFF BELOW
IS BLANK OR SAYS “TBD”, THAT MEANS IT IS STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
YOU SHOULD NOT BE ASSUMING YOUR TIPOFF IS ANY PARTICULAR TIME UNLESS THERE IS ACTUALLY A TIME STATED.
IF THERE IS A TIME STATED, THEN THAT TIME IS FINAL AND ANY CHANGES NEED APPROVAL FROM LEAGUE OFFICE.
Date = (should match tab/sheet you are looking at)
Tipoff = if blank, not final, should proceed hour-by-hour
Gym = see above for gym abbreviations and directions
Div = Division, although this does not matter anymore
Matchup = FYI either team can wear whites/darks
V = tipoff timeframe of the “Visiting” team
H = tipoff timeframe of the “Home” team
Comments = (changes to final scores as Sun games end)
SK = initials of the Scorekeepers for this game (by Fri)
Refs = initials of the Refs for this game (by Fri)
|red = tipoff timeframe is only 1 or 2 tipoffs
orange = tipoff timeframe is only 3 hours
bold black matchup = tipoff time is pinned and cannot be swapped
blue matchup = Dream League scorekeeper(s) playing in game
purple matchup = one or both of the teams has a doubleheader
green matchup = one or both of the teams has player(s) on another team
SAT 8/29 (6:15PM) — Thunder has officially forfeited the 3p game at STCC. I’ve also moved the afternoon games 3p+ that were nixed from the schedule due to 5 gyms in OAK not being available, down to the red bye section (best viewed at http://dreamleague.org).
SAT 8/29 (3:30PM) — Started adding recaps to our @dreamleague Twitter feed (see right column). Check ’em out! We also follow as many dreamleaguers as we can.
THU 8/27 (4:45PM) — IJRC has another rental so we’re unable to get anything 3p+ there. Tassa is closed, no word back from BCRC, WKRC gym director can’t stay past 3p, and Alameda is not available so we’re without a gym for the 3p+ games in OAK. I’ve texted all 3p+ OAK captains about our plight. We’ll have to just postpone until probably 9/13 unless there’s guys that want to play on Labor Day Weekend 9/6 — again, I’ll be asking for feedback on that from the 3p+ OAK captains. For now, those games remain on the schedule but are in red and have no gym.
THU 8/27 (11:45AM) — Forgot to change everything at BCRC to IJRC. I was just informed this morning that BCRC is not available, as I wrote more than 2 hours ago. Still hoping to book IJRC.
THU 8/27 (10:00AM) — Final tipoffs have been posted. Also, the playoff brackets have been updated accordingly with little notes such as delays with tipoff conflicts, teams that dropped out, and updated projected dates.
THU 8/27 (9:15AM) — Heard back from Splash City and they’re out, so the SF schedule will be adjusted accordingly. Also got thrown a wrench from left field (again): BCRC is actually not available, so I’ve listed IJRC just out of hope that we can get it — in any case, I wouldn’t change the tipoffs in OAK even if we are at some other gym. SJ was shuffled around last night as I mentioned and will be finalized shortly. A new update should be up within the hour. Also check out our new social media widgets (at the bottom if you’re on mobile, to the right if you’re on desktop)!!
WED 8/26 (5:30PM) — SJ games are now in probable chronological order. I did two things: (1) moved Thunder to the latest slot because they’re coming from Tracy and (2) re-arranged the remaining games with the usual 1p or later requirement from both Old Guns and Gunners, plus tried to make it so that SJ-TA and SJ-DL games were next to each other, so teams could see a little bit of the games that are still in their division. Meanwhile, we’re still waiting on Splash City which will cause a domino effect for the rest of SF and a little bit of OAK.
WED 8/26 (12:15PM) — The latest and greatest Draft is now up, but we are still waiting on Splash City in SF to confirm they can field a team, which may have ramifications on OAK due to the overlapping players on both Kuyabruddaz in SF and SPS Panthers in OAK. Meanwhile in OAK, some of the complexities have been resolved as a result of Jaded Course and LetsGoWarriors forfeiting their last games due to player depletion. Finally in SJ, we might actually have some changes, as I need to ensure that certain teams will have enough players at certain times — along with the >1p season-long request from Old Guns and Gunners.
TUE 8/25 (2:45PM) — OAK is now also at an impasse as I await response from Jaded Course. They still have roster slots to cover so I don’t know yet if they will be playing this Sun 8/30 or not. Also, there’s an inter-dependency between SPS Panthers in OAK and Kuyabruddaz in SF, whereby SPSP’s opponent, Last Minute, has asked for a bye although they can still field a team, so that’s also a cliffhanger waiting for a domino to drop… (2:15PM) — SF schedule is now at an impasse, whereby OAK can proceed a little further now that we have a tiny bit more information to go on… (1:15PM) — SF has been updated a bit on the Draft version and I’ve reached an impasse on OAK which should soon clear up by tonight as far as the evening games are concerned. SJ remains solid. I won’t be posting tipoffs until at least tomorrow, so just keep checking back on how things are developing… MON 8/24 (3:30PM) — A very, very rough draft of the games for this Sun 8/30 is now up. There are a lot of games marked in red due to tipoff conflicts (and one due to payments). So things are still in flux but at least you can look at the updated brackets and see what matchups we are trying to do. Again, those in red might not happen, based on the early information I have.
FRI 8/21 (2:30PM) — Incredibly, the IJRC gym director texted me out of the blue just now and said he had been out of town and that he could get staff to cover all day, despite staff saying we could not be there only 48 hours ago. So we’re back to normal now and all of the OAK games are at IJRC. #rollercoaster
FRI 8/21 (1:15PM) — I’ve also swapped Warriors (to 4pm) and SPS Panthers (to 10am), as discussed yesterday, due to SPS’ timeframe request of 10a-11a. That means the bracket will change due to the new matchups, but again we have some bigger fish to fry first… (1:00PM) — Still no word from BCRC. Last check, according to the gym director, the staff person we need for Sunday was at the hospital with his son, so no resolution on if we can go with late games as seen on the Draft schedule (best viewed at http://dreamleague.org). Right now, I’ll hit up all the WKRC 10a-2p tipoff teams to ensure that they still want to play this Sun 8/23, because if we can’t have BCRC then all those 3p-8p teams will probably be forced to take a bye. Please note, I’ve already checked with 4 other gyms in the East Bay with no luck… (9:30AM) — Sorry to the OAK folks, but we’re still waiting on BCRC. Here’s the problem. All but one of the staff there are out of town this Sun 8/23 and that one staff hasn’t replied yet. He’s only available the 2nd half of the day and if he’s a go, then we can get WKRC in the first half of the day and BCRC the 2nd half of the day. If he’s not a go, then what do we do, only have half a day’s worth of games? I’d have to ask all the captains what they want to do. I’m not sure if just postponing everything one week makes better sense. Meanwhile, I’m checking other gyms in OAK as a backup. So that’s why there’s a delay for OAK right now — I’ve been promised an answer by noon today.
THU 8/20 (3:15PM) — Thanks to Soul Rebels, the evening games at BCRC are fairly set, except for Panthers which I may need to swap with Warriors in the morning, which involves a modification to the matchups in the playoff brackets for OAK-NC. Just waiting on response from team Last Minute… (2:45PM) — Five19 vs Hyperdrunks will now switch to ISAH, with Pass The Roch vs Runnin Rebels now at GATE, both games still at 3p, due to Hyperdrunks having overlapping players as the 2p ISAH game… (2:30PM) — Thanks to Mike Yee of the SF Warriors for pointing out that all the dates on the 8/23 schedule said “8/16”, which has now been corrected to “8/23”. Again, still waiting on OAK tipoffs, which are dependent on gym availability as I mentioned… (2:15PM) — We’re now most likely going to have games in OAK at WKRC morning to mid-afternoon then BCRC after that. There might still be some shuffling as we’re waiting for one team to play later and then shuffle things around to accommodate Panthers’ early request… (1:15PM) — SF tipoffs are solidified and posted. Still waiting on the OAK gym situation. We might still be able to get BCRC in the afternoon, so I’m checking on IJRC and WKRC as backups for the morning to afternoon games, but haven’t heard back… (10:45AM) — SJ tipoffs are now solidified. Slight changes were made to the order of SF games, esp at GATE, and we’re still waiting for confirmation from GATE and IJRC, so I’ll leave those tipoffs off for now. We would open at GATE early morning, ISAH mid-afternoon, and IJRC mid-morning. All timeframes in the “V” and “H” columns will fit… (9:15AM) — I should have the final piece of information to publish the schedule by noon today. Also waiting on confirmation of IJRC due to BCRC being closed… (6:45AM) — Latest and greatest draft version is up. Still waiting on a few shoes to drop before finalizing everything, as we’re waiting on one or two teams to respond plus scorekeeping staff, so the schedule could still shift a little bit, depending.
WED 8/19 (8:15PM) — In OAK, just need Soul Rebels to be able to play at 6p or Franchize to be able to play at 11a and I’ll be done with that. Lots of moving parts in SF though and a lot of it is dependent on scorekeeping staff, but we’re inching closer to completion of the schedule… (8:00PM) — Still a lot of things in flux. Expect SF schedule to change a bit… (7:30PM) — Teams have responded and I’m going to be finishing up the schedule starting now. Looks like GSW can play later which helps alleviate a lot of problems. Thanks guys!… (2:45PM) — A more refined draft is now up, plus SJ games are onboard. BCRC is likely to change, however, due to various problems we have with earlier requests. A lot hinges on the ability of GSW, NPL, and Warriors to play later and the O-DL/Silver Losers Bracket teams to either go earlier or later. I’d hate to open up IJRC just to alleviate Special Requests, because it’s way more expensive than BCRC and if we just work together a bit, I’m sure we can find a solution… (2:00PM) — A draft of SF/OAK is now available (best viewed at http://dreamleague.org). GATE will open early morning and ISAH early afternoon. BCRC will open early. Still working on SJ because there may be teams moving divisions there. Here’s the explanation for each OAK bracket…
- OAK-TA: I might postpone the whole bracket one week due to (1) tipoff conflicts this Sun 8/23 and (2) a couple teams slow in resolving their outstanding balances. FYI, every single team either has some kind of tipoff or payment issue.
- OAK-DL/G: I saw Classics with my own eyes last week and there’s no way they belong in DL-Gold, having trouble scoring and without any reliable outside shooting. Turns out, one of their best players (a shooter) is no longer on the team. At the same time, #1 Mirror Force deferred their right, as a high seed in the Losers Bracket, to skip a “play-in” game, so that means the next-highest seed, #6 Jaded Course, gets transferred that benefit. It should also be noted that #1 Mirror, if they beat #7 Splash, would still play #6 Jaded on 8/30, because (a) #8 Dragon has already played against Mirror and a repeat matchup is avoidable in this instance, and (b) the only possible remaining losers from the Winners Bracket are higher seeds than #6 (#1 seed would normally play the lowest seed, in this case #8 then #6 in order to avoid a repeat).
- OAK-DL/S: Classics enter the Losers Bracket with the one loss carried over from DL-G (read above), but they must enter without any high-seed advantages, such as that given the #1 Takers and #5 GSW, the two highest remaining seeds in the Losers Bracket. Therefore, #1 Takers and #5 GSW get the benefit of playing “play-in” winners who will be on their 2nd game of a doubleheader this Sun 8/23. Of those remaining “low seeds”, we have Classics, #6 Soul Rebels, #7 Running Rebels, and #8 Tropic Thunder. Normally we would put the highest seed against the lowest seed (again), but in this case, we have some tipoff timeframe boundaries imposed by both Takers and GSW. So I’ve rematched all of these according to available tipoffs. Takers is requesting a 12p latest tipoff and GSW has a 2p latest tipoff timeframe. Only Classics and Running Rebels can fit a potential doubleheader and adhere to the Takers’ request. Therefore, we have Classics vs #7 Rebels, winner vs #1 Takers and on the other side of the bracket, #6 Soul vs #8 Tropic, winner vs #5 GSW. That’s the only way to pull this off.
- OAK-NC: Here, we run into tipoff conflicts again. The two sides of the Losers Bracket have opposite timeframes. In fact, we got lucky that low-seed #9 NPL vs #2 Warriors has the same timeframe, as does #6 Last Minute vs #4 Panthers. Had the seeds not turned out that way, I would’ve forced those matchups just because of the timeframes. However, we still have a problem. We cannot complete this “mini-final-four” in one day, due to the divergent timeframes. So we hope to eliminate two of the four variables and just deal with whatever two-card hand is dealt by the winners of these games. That forces the Winners Bracket survival game to be played either this Sun 8/23 or next Sun 8/30. Well, since Shoot Em Up is asking for exactly a 3p tipoff, we’ll just postpone them vs Kryp2nite til 8/30 and deal with any tipoff conflicts then.
That’s all for now. All the SF brackets should be pretty straightforward.
TUE 8/18 (5:15PM) — OAK-NC was also whacked; fixing it now… (5:00PM) — Oops, OAK-TA bracket was wrong. Fixing it now… (4:15PM) — All brackets are now done (best viewed at http://dreamleague.org right below the main schedule spreadsheet)… (3:00PM) — Almost done with all the brackets. The only one that wasn’t that intuitive was SF-NC. Here’s the explanation (in short Geodis, Disgustingly Modest, and Pass The Roch were deadlocked, as each beat the other and all teams beat Runnin’ Rebels, and lost to Aubergine — we end up using the NFL’s Wild Card tiebreaker called “strength of victory”)…
- Aubergine (4-2) — Went 4-0 vs other SF-NC teams.
- Geodis (2-4) — 2-2 vs SF-NC, point diff in games won = 18.
- Disgustingly Modest (2-4) — 2-2 vs SF-NC, pt diff in games won = 16.
- Pass The Roch (3-3) — 2-2 vs SF-NC, point diff in games won = 8.
- Runnin’ Rebels (0-6) — 0-4 vs SF-NC.
You might notice that Pass The Roch went 3-3 while Geodis and Disgusting went 2-4 in the overall record, but the one difference was Pass The Roch’s victory over The Bros, which just so happened to occur with a “rental (ringer) player”. The seeds are important because there are five teams, which means #4 must play #5 then the winner plays a doubleheader (against #1).
TUE 8/18 (1:15PM) — There’s a rough OAK playoff bracket (best viewed at http://dreamleague.org), but I’m still (1) having skruggles with Google Drive’s formatting and (2) waiting on feedback from Classics to see if they still belong in DL-Gold. Meanwhile, please make sure your team is in the right place in the bracket and let me know if there are any concerns. Meanwhile, I’ll start updating SF then work on SJ… (11:30AM) — I’ll be gradually asking all captains to double-check the final scores, just in case (another set of eyes), as it’s easy to make a mistake and flip the scores… (11:00AM) — Most of the scores have been updated in the Comments column (best viewed at http://dreamleague.org). FYI, sometimes not all of my scorekeepers do 100% of their job, so apologies for that. Meanwhile, we’ll track those down. Here are the to-do’s after that:
- Update OAK brackets, which we will post soon.
- Create SF playoffs and matchups for this Sun 8/23.
- Create SJ matchups for this Sun 8/23. Waiting for Gunners to reply.
FRI 8/14 (6:15PM) — GATE just pulled the rug out from under me. We had 14 games in SF, so luckily we can move everything, keep all but one of the games the same tipoff, and move to ISAH. However, I have to nix one game and have decided it will be Vikings vs WeGoofy. Both teams have agreed to it. Also both teams in Geodis vs Pass The Roch have agreed to be pushed back to 5p ISAH in order to accommodate the mass exodus from GATE to ISAH. I will now contact all teams that were schedule for 9a-4p tipoffs at GATE, that they are now at ISAH. Dodged another bullet.
THU 8/13 (6:30PM) — Can’t wait any longer on Savs. Schedule is published. See http://dreamleague.org.org … (3:30PM) — Slight update in OAK has moved the pair of OAK-TA doubleheader games to the same gym for each set. Just waiting on
Kryp2nite Savs there for confirmation and we should be set. SF’s almost done too, waiting on BallsOut (TA) response… (2:30PM) — Draft for SF is now up, finally. In OAK, we’re waiting for a couple variables to settle before finalizing. SJ is done, per the last post… (12:45PM) — Finally figured out the SF brackets. You can see the splits on the SF tab over at dreamleague.org… (9:30AM) — Draft for OAK is now up and actually SJ tipoffs are final. No SF yet because I’m still figuring out the rankings/brackets, as you can see on the SF tab of the embedded spreadsheet at http://dreamleague.org.
WED 8/12 (9:30AM) — Sorry for the delay. Spent Monday moving, Tuesday morning I was on a flight then at Team USA practice in Vegas (got to talk to HB and Dray at length, Klay and Steph just a little bit; my first of many upcoming reports at @LetsGoWarriors was what Coach K said about Andre Iguodala), so now what I have are the SJ standings, SF scores and +/-, and OAK scores and +/- updated. Here’s the next steps…
- Construct bottom 2 OAK playoff brackets since they are in Round 2 already,
- Figure out SF and OAK matchups (most in playoffs) for this Sun 8/16,
- Do a draft of tipoff times for SF, OAK, and SJ.
More from our four Dubs in Vegas today from 12p-2p only, too, but I remain committed to target tonight at midnight to publish all schedules. Should be a busy day checking with all teams in case of schedule conflicts.
Captains that know they still have spots remaining to pay should do so now. I will, indeed, but contacting all captains late tonight and probably will raise the fees by $5 finally for those cats who are lagging.
FRI 8/7 (6:15PM) — All byes are now listed at the bottom of the 8/9 schedule in red, with their explanations in the Comments column… (1:15AM) — Tipoffs have now been finalized for this Sun 8/9. For any OAK playoffs explanation, please read the previous posts below. I made one change in the matchups whereby it’ll be Undrafted vs Guardians, which was a swap with Btown (who will now face Heemteam); this avoids a repeat matchup between Undrafted and Heemteam. Any questions, please have your captain text me. See http://dreamleague.org for best results.
THU 8/6 (8:15PM) — Draft for OAK (and SF) is up, see http://dreamleague.org as usual. Just need some info from Number One XL to see what time they can go outside of their timeframe, if possible. Gym opening times are as follows, in case you want to estimate your game time: GATE early morning, TIYM early evening, BCRC mid-morning. Things might still shift around after we get said information, so beware!
THU 8/6 (7:15PM) — So in the OAK-DL(Silver) playoff bracket, the #8 seed will be Tropic Thunder. I’ve put all the records within the bracket, plus the seeds, in the right-hand black column on the OAK rankings sheet. See http://dreamleague.org for the spreadsheet.
I put GSW at #5 because their 2-1 intra-bracket record is better than those at #6,7,8,9. I still put #4 WWWD, #3 DFG, and #2 Franchize ahead of GSW because GSW’s other opponents were against OAK-NC teams — as well as the “eye test” from my OAK staff; GSW actually beat both DFG and WWWD. But the main reason I did that was because GSW and Franchize have an overlapping player, so having Franchize at #2 and GSW at #5 makes the likelihood of a GSW vs Franchize matchup less likely than, say, a #2 vs #3 if I put GSW at #3.
So we will have #8 Tropic Thunder vs #9 Flashback (which moved up from the now-defunct DL-Bronze, which means they get the #9 seed). Now, normally the winner of #8 vs #9 is immediately forced to play #1, but since #1 is not a “real” #1, as we are in the “middle of the pack” here in DL where we’ve sort of cut the cake where we think is best, I cannot penalize #8 or #9 with a doubleheader to start out. Therefore, all the other teams in OAK-DL(Silver) will have a bye.
THU 8/6 (7:15PM) — Guardians vs Undrafted matchup can’t happen, so I have to rematch in OAK. OAK scheduling will take some time. Hoping to get it done by midnight, to be safe… (7:00PM) — OAK seeds for DL(Silver) have been determined and will be posted shortly. Meanwhile, SJ tipoffs are now at http://dreamleague.org as well as a draft for SF. In SF, we have a major issue with one game that just won’t fit in the morning or early afternoon at GATE, again due to ISAH being refloored and TIYM not available until after 5p. So I’ll keep those tipoffs in SF on ice until we have more information.
THU 8/6 (12:00PM) — SF matchups are nearly done. Just waiting on a couple of more variables to be resolved. In OAK we are still trying to figure out who should be the #8 seed in OAK-DL(Silver). SJ is ready to go and the tipoffs are currently on the SJ sheet, as I haven’t created an 8/9 sheet due to waiting for more information in SF and OAK. See http://dreamleague.org for these spreadsheets.
THU 8/6 (10:30AM) — OAK playoff structure is ready to go. Here are some notes…
- OAK-TA: All the teams have early-ish timeframes and so we had to move up Guardians, which they agreed to. We have a 6-team bracket which will start on 8/16. We will have #6 vs #3 and #5 vs #4, then the winners will have to play again on the same day vs #1 and #2, respectively, because this is the top division and the #1 seed is truly the #1 seed.
- OAK-DL(Gold): With Guardians moving up, we’re left with a nice round number of 8 teams for the next bracket down. This bracket will also start on 8/16 because Heemteam, Btown, and Undrafted still need to play their 6th regular season game this Sun 8/9. I’ve also asked Splash City and Dragon if they want to play against each other for a 7th regular season game this Sun 8/9, plus bring $20 each to cover the extra gym costs, because they have very similar records and could basically determine the #7 seed by playing each other. Winner would avoid playing #1 Mirror Force in the first round on 8/16. Please note: as it turns out, a lot of these teams have later timeframes; it’s kind of weird how that worked out.
- OAK-DL(Silver): The DL-Bronze division below this, which originally consisted of Kryp2nite, Shoot Em Up, Flashback and Warriors, was dissolved because Flashback wanted to move up, while Shoot Em Up moved down due to timeframe. That left just two teams, so Kryp2nite and Warriors also moved down. So with Flashback moving up, we have 9 teams here and the first step is to determine who is #8 and who is #9. With Flashback pegged for the #9 slot, I’m actually not sure which team should be #8. The issue here is that #8 and #9 have a “play-in” game of sorts and have one extra step to traverse the Winners’ Bracket. At the same time, I will not be penalizing them with a doubleheader (winner plays #1), because it’s only by the “luck of the draw” that we have these 9 teams ending up in the middle of D-League and, as such, the #1 seed isn’t a “real” #1, they just happen to be at the top of where we’ve cut the cake. And that being said, the first round for the top 7 seeds will include a bye and we will ask each team if they’d rather do it this Sun 8/9 or next Sun 8/16 — most likely it will occur this Sun 8/9. I hope to figure out all the seeds shortly. #1 Takers doesn’t have a choice, they have to take a bye this Sun 8/9 and wait for the game vs the winner of #8 vs #9 on 8/16. WWWD asked for a bye on 8/9 so they will definitely not play and the team paired with them by seed will thus also take a bye.
- OAK-NC: Shoot Em Up moved down from the now-defunct DL-Bronze merely due to timeframe, but now we’ve also moved Flashback up from there and so Kryp2nite and Warriors will move down here. It’s a rather crowded NC bracket with 9 teams and #8 vs #9 will definitely occur and the winner will have to play the #1 seed this Sun 8/9 because #9 is truly at #9 seed.
THU 8/6 (9:15AM) — Sorry guys, I was sick last night so got delayed. I’ll do the schedule for SJ first since it’s easy, then OAK, since I need to confirm IJRC times anyways. The OAK playoff brackets will be slightly modified due to various conversations we had with captains yesterday. Finally, the SF schedule will be done last. Again, ISAH is not available due to reflooring and we have to wait until tomorrow to see if TIYM is available before 5p, but luckily a lot of teams want a bye due to Outside Lands. I’ll keep you posted on developments.
TUE 8/4 (8:45PM) — Oops, regular season is not done yet for OAK-DL(Gold) playoff bracket, so I don’t have to worry about those seeds until next week. That being said, TA also is not done with their regular season so I might still mix and match some DL and TA teams due to the many final regular season games that still need to be schedule for these top two divisions… (8:30PM) — OAK playoff bracket stratification is now done, although we can still accept input from all the teams. Check out the OAK tab on the spreadsheet, best viewed at http://dreamleague.org. The only issue now is seeding within those brackets and I will try to find out each team’s intra-bracket record to try and solve that problem. Most notably for the DL-Gold division, one down from the top “TA (The Association)” — there’s 9 teams there so we’d have a #8 vs #9, winner plays #1 situation so we want to get the seeds right and justify them as much as we can.
TUE 8/4 (7:30PM) — Just got word that ISAH is being refloored this Sun 8/9. I suppose it’s fortunate that a handful of SF teams are affected by Outside Lands, so we may be delaying a lot of would-be playoff brackets (some are still not done with the regular season) another week. I’ll have more info as we go. Meanwhile I will continue the OAK playoff bracketing process as discussed previously, as well finish out both the SF and OAK rankings. Again, here are the pertinent links…
TUE 8/4 (1:30PM) — There’s some discrepancies under discussion right now in the mid- to lower-levels of OAK-DL for playoff bracket stratification, so those will have to be ironed out before I can finish the rankings. So far we’ve got…
- OAK-TA: Dons, United, Oakland Sonics, Savs, LetsGoWarriors.com (NOTE: regular season not done yet)
- OAK-DL (Gold): Mirror Force, Heemteam, Guardians, Btown, Undrafted, Classics, Jaded Course, Splash City, Dragon (NOTE: all of these teams have late tipoff preferences except Guardians, who’ve agreed to be flexible with it — we also “moved up” Splash City because of their similar timeframe)
After that, it there’s still a fair amount of debate going on. But put trust in the process, which is our mantra: “The #1 seed shouldn’t, on paper, be favored to blow out the bottom seed, unless logistical circumstances force us to do so.” Remember, you can see all of this developing on the scheduling spreadsheet at http://dreamleague.org.
(1:00PM) — OAK +/- and W-L records now updated. I’ll do OAK rankings next because I’ve already gotten Peter’s input on how the playoff brackets should be stratified… (12:15PM) — All scores have been updated in the Comments column of the 8/2 schedule. SF +/- and W-L records have also been updated. Next up: OAK scores (although I’m very eager to get the SF matchups going!), OAK +/- and W-L, SJ standings, SF re-ranking, OAK re-ranking, SF matchups, OAK matchups. Phew! For the few teams left to pay off roster spots, here are your links…
FRI 7/31 (9:30AM) — SF tipoffs published; best viewed at http://dreamleague.org … THU 7/30 (11:59PM) — Small item: Squad in SJ says they won’t forfeit, so I’ve reinstated them instead of the replacement team, HitSquad… (11:30PM) — Btw, SF Warriors will no longer have a doubleheader and the Dons in OAK *will* have a game, as I forgot to take them off the bye list — please check the list at the bottom of the spreadsheet at http://dreamleague.org. So anyways, if there are any SF teams that see a problem with the schedule, please let me know before, lik, 7am (less than 8 hours from now). Thanks… (11:15PM) — Btw, GATE would open at 9am and it looks like we’d open ISAH at 10am, but of course none of the tipoffs will be final until 9 hours from now… (11:00PM) — More progress has been made with SF (best seen at http://dreamleague.org), but I’m waiting for approval from a couple captains on RNS playing Vikings as the 2nd game of a doubleheader late evening. If that’s a no-go, it will change some things. I will have a resolution by 8am Fri (9 hours from now)… (6:15PM) — A very, very rough draft of SF has been posted, but there are 3 major errors with it: Ball Out’s two games are very far apart and the two Aubergine games are too early for their opponents. So I still need to do a fair amount of shuffling around. I think it’s safe to say that I won’t get this SF schedule done until midnight tonight or let’s say first thing tomorrow morning Fri at 8am. Meanwhile, OAK and SJ remain ready to go and unchanged…
THU 7/30 (4:30PM) — I now *almost* have enough information to go on to start the SF scheduling process. We have an estimated 19 games to schedule… (3:45PM) — Still waiting for 2 last teams in SF to give me the green light on a doubleheader for this Sun 8/2 (or not)… (12:45PM) — Still waiting on a few SF captains to reply about doubleheaders, so I’m currently posting stats recaps on our @dreamleague Twitter account and Fernando is posting on our Instagram…. (12:15PM) — Now that we have “open pasture” in SF, I’m waiting for captains to get back to me about finally doing their doubleheaders, if any. They’re not necessarily mandatory, but it does help us get the playoffs done by Labor Day… (11:30AM) — Sorry for the delay, but only now starting on the SF matchups. OAK tipoffs now published and SJ has been so since yesterday evening… WED 7/29 (8:00PM) — Tremendous news for SF! We got ISA back. So I’m going to completely revamp the matchups, perhaps except for Goon Squad playing in OAK, which is already set. They were having trouble getting matched up against SF-TA teams anyways. Welp, back to the drawing board, but this is great, great news!
Again, SJ is set and OAK is 99% ready to go, but I’ll hold off those tipoffs until I get 100% confirmation that we got IJRC (haven’t gotten the permit receipt, only gotten verbal from gym director).
WED 7/29 (5:30PM) — Draft version for SF is up but I might replace Basa Bros with Five19. We’ll see… (2:15PM) — Preliminary matchups for SF are now done. Gotta go do some errands then tonight I’ll mock up a draft for SF. As previously posted, SJ is good to go and OAK is near-good-to-go… (1:15PM) — Here’s a quick update on the schedule…
- SF: About to start matchups on the SF sheet. Still a ways to go.
- OAK: Draft version is up and nearly complete. Just letting it marinate a little. Gym opening times are early morning for BCRC and afternoon for IJRC. In further news, we might move the #1 team in SF, Goon Squad, to OAK, which would create possibly the most competitive top division we’ve seen in a long time (last one was in SF maybe a year ago) — reason being, Goon’s timeframe fits better with OAK-TA teams’.
- SJ: Tipoffs posted. We’re experiencing yet another forfeit in which I need to find a replacement team. Luckily, HitSquad is always down to play. Makes me wonder if I’d rather have them always be on standby versus actually in the next league LOL!
Again, the usual pertinent links…
TUE 7/28 (4:30PM) — Didn’t realize the Submitted Special Requests page was in such shambles. I’ve fixed it now. Be sure to scroll down to see the latest requests. There’s also a scrollbar for horizontal and vertical since it’s so skinny.
TUE 7/28 (4:15PM) — Added an issue with SF gyms below in the first bullet point… (4:00PM) — SF and OAK scores added to the SF and OAK tabs. Again, best to view all spreadsheet stuff over at http://dreamleague.org. About to re-rank all the teams. As I’m doing that, I’m realizing the following:
- SF: I may stay away from any doubleheaders and gamble that ISA will be re-opened in time for playoffs, since school starts Mon 8/17. That means there could be byes for teams that are ahead in the schedule, relative to the other teams they’re ranked by. Are you on pace, ahead, or behind? Easy. Check the spreadsheet and where your team is listed, plus the teams around you.
UPDATE: The other problem with SF is that TIYM is not guaranteed until 5p+. With 33 teams, we’re looking at 16 or 17 games every Sunday. We get 8 at GATE, then the 5p-9p tipoffs account for 5 more, so that leaves at least 3 games that may or may not happen. So that’s another good reason to force some byes on teams coming up
- OAK: This is the opposite of SF. There’s no real hurry, but if a majority of teams that are ranked near each other are ahead of another team in finishing out 6 regular season games, I don’t want to inconvenience the majority of the teams, therefore I may have that team that’s lagging play a doubleheader. It just depends where you’re ranked and what probable bracket you’d end up with. And the only brackets you can really predict are the top and the bottom, for now. You’ll see in the top OAK-TA “area”, there’s a lot of teams behind, so maybe that doesn’t apply in that case. At the bottom, seems like SPS Panthers are behind (thus, play a DH on 8/2) and Check is ahead (take a bye 8/2 probably?). So that’s the approach for now, but We’ll see.
TUE 7/28 (12:00PM) — Just updated the Submitted Special Requests, which really means re-arranging the spreadsheet to make it look better because the Google Form sucks, although it does work. Remember, every Tue midnight is the deadline to make a special request! Here are the links…
TUE 7/28 (11:45AM) — SJ standings have been updated and the playoff schedule has been determined. Again, with our lack of flexible gym time, it will be a very rigid schedule, with BBOF, Squad, and Hustling Scrubs in the bottom bracket with the other 5 teams in the top bracket. Instagram and Twitter are happening as we speak. Up next: finish OAK scores update, re-rank SF and OAK, set times for SJ this Sun 8/2, do matchups for SF/OAK for this Sun 8/2.
SAT 7/25 (1:00PM) — Also forgot we had to swap the 2p,4p Flashback *opponents* (Check and SPS Panthers) so as to accommodate the carnage in SF (SPS in OAK at 2p and Kuya in SF at 4p)… (12:45PM) — SF tipoffs have been revamped and are now final over at http://dreamleague.org (or scroll/jump down below for the skinny version). Captains have all been informed, including the teams that now have byes as a result of no 9,10,11a games. Remember how we got here: bad rim switch at ISA leads to wet paint at GATE leads to getting whatever we can from TIYM.
I know some of you are going to be upset with these changes. All I can say is, it’s the worst set of circumstances I’ve ever seen, but it’s also a sign of the times. Gyms are just not available anymore like they were in the past, because: (1) people who have keys to gyms are afraid to lose their jobs, and (2) a combination of money grabs by districts, heads of parks & rec depts, and janitors’ unions.
It’s also just bad luck. I mean, look, who can plan for Gym #1 to go down with a busted rim switch? Who can plan for Gym #2 to go down with wet paint? It’s literally a comedy of errors. There’s really no need to get worked up about it because these are things are totally out of our control.
FRI 7/24 (10:00PM) — SF tipoffs 9a-4p are still up in the air. Check with your captain for the update I just sent them. In short, we kind of have no choice but to wait until the gym director is ready to give us the word.
I know some of you are going to be upset with these changes. All I can say is, it’s the worst set of circumstances I’ve ever seen, but it’s also a sign of the times. Gyms are just not available anymore like they were in the past, because: (1) people who have keys to gyms are afraid to lose their jobs, and (2) a combination of money grabs by districts, heads of parks & rec depts, and janitors’ unions.
It’s also just bad luck. I mean, look, who can plan for Gym #1 to go down with a busted rim switch? Who can plan for Gym #2 to go down with wet paint? It’s literally a comedy of errors. There’s really no need to get worked up about it because these are things are totally out of our control.
(1:45PM) — I’ve just been informed by the GATE gym director that the new paint in the gym, which forced us out of there last Sun 7/19, isn’t going to by dry by this Sun 7/26. I have thus changed the possible new venue for all the 9a-4p games to TIYM with a question mark. We have to wait until tonight to find out if we can switch those to TIYM.
So continues the comedy of errors this season in SF. Rim switches and paint, be damned. I often hear small complaints here and there about this or that at whatever gym we have. Guys, you have no idea how fortunate you are, simply to have an indoor place to play. You have no idea how hard it is to get a gym these days due to various issues: changing landscape of rec/youth basketball, terrible economy leading to greedy bureaucracies, etc. Just appreciate what you have, despite all the warts, because it could be that or nothing.
THU 7/23 (10:30PM) — TIYM gym director *finally* got back to me. Please note: some TIYM games were shuffled around due to the preferences/demands of the teams involved… (6:00PM) — Heard back from IJRC, so the OAK tipoffs have been finalized — scroll down or just head over to http://dreamleague.org. Still waiting to hear back from TIYM. If we don’t get that gym, I have a new gym that I can pull out like a rabbit out of the hat, but it’ll be a longshot, so I’m not quite sure. Let’s just hope TIYM gets confirmed. Worst case, I would have to shuffle around and see which teams in SF would be forced a bye if we have less gym space than anticipated… (11:45AM) — I should hear back from TIYM/IJRC gym directors sometime in the afternoon, so I’ll maybe be able to finalize tipoffs by this evening. Any questions about the schedule, have your captain hit me up, but they’re all listed in chronological order. Check the SF/OAK tabs to see byes and matchups. Not much else I can do at this point.
THU 7/23 (11:00AM) — There are 3 things I’m concerned about as we wait for TIYM and IJRC to confirm…
- Playoff eligibility: This goes hand-in-hand with roster slot payments and registrations, and if your team paid in full at the onset, I still owe you a way to register your guys without having to pay, but as far as games played and all of that, players need to have played 3 out of the upcoming 6 regular season games. At least 1 must have been in the first 3 games, then at least 1 in the second 3 games. Alternatively, that player could qualify by playing your last 3 of 6 games in a row.
- The late bye requests: I got two bye requests this morning! Luckily, I’ve become a pro at dodging bullets, if I do say so myself. But captains should be aware, especially as we approach playoffs, that if I receive any special requests that come after 11:59PM on Tuesday, I might actually be too far down the path of scheduling for me to accommodate you. So that’s the risk you take if your players do not inform you (and me) of stuff by Monday or Tuesday.
- Payments: I’ll be going down the list of teams very soon and roster slots will start to get just a tad bit more expensive, but please be pro-active and if your team is paying roster slot by roster slot, send out those 5 or 6 texts to remind your guys to pay. Be sure your guys click on “Join A Team” from the Eventbrite system.
We’re hitting playoffs soon and you don’t want to get caught in a situation where 1 or 2 guys are delinquent and putting the entire team in jeopardy of a forfeit. Once we get to that 6th regular season game, we cannot make up anymore games!
THU 7/23 (10:45AM) — Draft is below, but we still have to wait on confirmation from gym directors at TIYM and IJRC. BCRC is a full day, it’s just that we lost Alameda last-minute and so that’s why it’s not just 13 straight games listed consecutively, but there are indeed 13 straight games consecutively — I’ll fix it later as I need to fill out the permit for IJRC now. SJ times are set, although when I goto http://dreamleague.org I don’t see the spreadsheet propagated with the updated tipoffs (12,1,2,3p in order) yet, but I’m sure it will do so shortly… (10:30AM) — Hang tight, guys! I just had two more bye requests and AHSM/AHSX pulled like a rug from under me, but we’re able to adjust quickly. I should have a draft up soon.
WED 7/22 (10:45PM) — Various OAK teams have been earmarked for a doubleheader this Sun 7/26. Any issues, have your captain text me immediately… (6:15PM) — One thing that we have not covered yet, because I’ve been in catch-up mode a lot, is playoff eligibility. By now, a lot of teams have crossed the halfway point of the 6-game regular season. The official rule is that to be eligible for the playoffs and not surprise any opponents with guys they haven’t seen before…
- Players must have played in at least 3 of the 6 regular season games, whereby
- He or she must have played in at least 1 of the first 3 games and 1 of the last 3 games, still with a minimum total of 3 played, or
- He or she must have played in the last 3 consecutive games.
If there are any issues with the above, have your captain text me asap.
WED 7/22 (5:45PM) — SF matchups have been reshuffled a bit due to a future bye which affects this Sun 7/26… (12:30PM) — Proposed matchups are now up for SF. Next up (in a couple hours, after some errands): OAK, then finish SJ shuffling and tipoffs… (12:00PM) — Looks like we got a few more special requests, esp byes for this Sun 7/26. See link below. Don’t forget to keep paying for your team’s roster slots…
TUE 7/21 (7:15PM) — Oops, I actually only re-ranked SF halfway. It is now fully re-ranked. Up next: OAK… (6:45PM) — SJ standings updated, but now two teams have asked for the 3p timeslot, so I’m likely to shuffle around the remaining season schedule as shown on the SJ tab in the spreadsheet. Old Guns and Gunners will still get their 1p+ ongoing requests. Right now it looks like I’d move up the 8/2 block of games to this Sun 7/26, and that would probably result in Bad News vs Hustling Scrubs at 12p for this Sun 7/26. But we’ll see. Next up: updating OAK rankings. Don’t forget to keep paying for your roster spots…
TUE 7/21 (4:30PM) — All scores from SF, OAK, and SJ have been added. SF has been re-ranked and I’ll start doing the matchups for this Sun 7/26 there. OAK will follow later. SJ has the season schedule already on the SJ tab, so take a look, although the tipoffs need to be nailed down for sure shortly. Don’t forget to keep paying for your roster spots…
TUE 7/21 (2:45PM) — This is a friendly reminder that, especially with playoffs approaching, all teams that are paying roster slot by roster slot need to keep having their players added to their teams and paying their roster slots — in doing so they also become eligible for the playoffs. I will soon be raising all roster slots by $1 to help deter delinquencies.
For those captains who already paid in full and merely need to register their players as eligible for playoffs, that function of the registration will be implemented shortly, after the immediate need of reminding the one-by-one-slot teams has been completed. Here are the links to the registration sites for SF and OAK…
TUE 7/21 (12:00PM) — Thanks for your patience as we get not only the 7/19 scores up, but also the stat recaps from 7/12 on our @dreamleague Twitter account. Meanwhile, here are the special request links that captains can use to make and view special requests…
FRI 7/17 (1:30PM) — In SF, I have imposed a bye on SFFA (they are ahead of schedule anyways) and swapped in Ball Out (they want a bye next Sun 7/26 so we need to have them play this Sun 7/19); this is at 7p TIYM. Again, in SF we are all games at TIYM. In OAK, AHSX has been replaced by BCRC…
FRI 7/17 (1:00PM) — Just got word back finally from MDLS: no-go. Too bad. Oh well, I have to cut one game out and that will be, as previously announced, Shaqtin vs Ball Out. That also means all the games that were 2,3,4,5p TIYM now get moved up to 1,2,3,4p. You can see this now on the updated sheet on http://dreamleague.org … (10:30AM) — Man, these gym directors sometimes they disappear! So anyways, I’ve gone ahead and published all the tipoffs — best seen on http://dreamleague.org — with what I think will be the gym schedule. Here are the potential bogeys to look out for:
- SF: If I can’t get MDLS, then the game that gets nixed (i.e., forced a bye) is 1p Ball Out vs Shaqtin because both are on track in the season progression. All other games at TIYM listed at 2p-5p then get moved earlier 1 hour to fill that void, then the MDLS games from 5p-9p simply get moved to TIYM with no change in tipoff. These are all marked in red.
- OAK: If AHSX (Alameda aux gym) gets nixed, then we move all those games to BCRC with the exact same tipoff times (yay!) — also marked in red.
- SJ: Good to go since the last post. No changes.
FRI 7/17 (12:45AM) — Latest and greatest draft is now up at http://dreamleague.org. Here are the ongoing issues (similar to previous posts) — I hope to have SF and OAK resolved by 10am today, Friday…
- SF: Again, GATE got repainted and is not ready, but as it turns out I still have the keys for MDLS, which would start in the evening, and the gym director can probably just give the verbal okay for us to go there, since we’d be simply adding to their bottom line (easy money). If not for whatever reason, then I have to nix one game to make it all fit at TIYM — right now there’s an overlap with the last game at TIYM and the first game at MDLS. I’m also waiting on some teams with their tipoff timeframes in red to get back to me to confirm they can play a bit outside their usual timeframe. Obviously, it’s tougher when you only have so many gyms available to make all the matchups fit in various timeframes.
- OAK: Still waiting for confirmation on AHSX. If that doesn’t pan out, then we move all those games to BCRC. AHSM starts early morning, AHSX would start in the afternoon, and right now BCRC is covering those few games in the evening after AHSM closes.
- SJ: Good to go. See season schedule in the SJ tab. Still need to fill out the remaining tipoffs starting on Sun 7/26, but that’s a breeze.
THU 7/16 (10:15PM) — The draft for the OAK schedule is now up. AHSM will start early morning again, while AHSX will start early afternoon, and BCRC will start in the evening. However, please note that AHSX still needs to be confirmed by tomorrow morning, as he left his schedule at the office.
SJ tipoffs for this Sun 7/19 are done. SF tipoffs await word of MDLS and involve the most complexity, so I’m still working on those.
THU 7/16 (9:45PM) — I think I’ll probably be able to finalize tipoffs by midnight tonight. Also, AHSX isn’t a done deal, but if we can’t get that then we’ll put those daytime games at BCRC… (9:30PM) — Here’s an update…
- SF: Gateway is not available due to new paint. TIYM is available all day, but we would only have a maximum of 13 games. MDLS is *maybe* a backup to taht, but only 5p-9p tipoffs. We have 14 games (with imposed byes on Kuyabruddaz and Lob City, see SF rankings sheet below), so I’d have to cut/rematch one more game from the matchups already listed. We’ll see as we wait for MDLS to reply.
- OAK: Matchups are ready. We can start drafting the schedule now and we will have AHSM and AHSX (probably), with BCRC in the evening again (unless AHSX is a no-go). If there are any strong objections to AHSX as a gym, please let me know and we’ll make note of it.
- SJ: Season matchups are ready to go, see the SJ sheet below. The only thing I have to do is nail down the tipoffs and you can already see that Old Guns and Gunners have asked for 1p+ tipoffs for all season long.
THU 7/16 (7:30PM) — OAK rankings are now done, plus the Submitted Special Requests have been added to the OAK sheet, which means I can now begin matchups for this Sun 7/19. Remember, SF matchups are done, although I may need to cut some games due to gym availability, while SJ is ready to go with all 8 teams playing at either 12,1,2, or 3p… (7:00PM) — Gateway is not avail in SF this Sun 7/19. We are able to put 13 games 9a-10p (9p last tip) at TIYM, but that will still leave 3 games or 6 teams off the docket. Hoping for MDLS to be available 5p-9p tipoffs. We’ll see. Meanwhile, OAK score updates have commenced… (12:15PM) — SF matchups are done, although I don’t even know if we have the gym space to accommodate them all. Due to other commitments, I will start OAK matchups at approximately 5p today. By then I should have a good picture of the gym situations, which means I would estimate a schedule completion time of 10p tonight… (11:15AM) — Actually re-ranking SF first because there are major gym issues and, with the bye/special requests, it’s good to know what we’re up against… (10:45AM) — Scores are done. Now gonna try to re-rank OAK and SF… (9:45AM) — Added an update below on ISAH gym in SF. As far as the schedule (again, best seen at http://dreamleague.org), I will now commence the weekly process that got started late due to the web host migration:
- Update all scores (from Sun 7/12)
- Update all +/- and W-L on the SF and OAK sheets. Please note: I will not be doing this yet for SJ because the schedule for SJ is not dependent on rankings.
- Make adjustments to the rankings for SF and OAK (basically re-order the list of all teams based on recent performance).
- Add Special Requests to the rankings sheets and start listing matchups for 7/19 — CAVEAT: remember, we have a gym issue in SF that we’re waiting on until today afternoon (read below). That being said, I’ll probably start with OAK. SJ matchups are already determined on a separate spreadsheet; I merely need to list those matchups.
THU 7/16 (2:15AM) — At long last, I have migrated this site to a new web host. Just trust me when I say it was long overdue. So first off, some new things to note:
- The permalink for this particular page is no longer the same. Nothing I can do about it. However, the balance to that is, this page is easier to find just by going to the http://drmlg.org homepage.
- There is a wider, better looking embedded schedule spreadsheet at good ‘ol http://dreamleague.org.
- The way to remember this is, everything at http://drmlg.org is bloggy, explanatory, and signup/registration-related. Everything at good ‘ol dreamleague.org is schedule-, stats-, and standings-related.
- Want to make a special request? Here are the links for now: Make Special Request and See Submitted Requests. I will pretty these links up and put them in a sidebar later when I have more time.
- This season “blog” will always be on the homepage here at drmlg.org. It looks real nice on your cellphone, btw. You can also click on “2015 Summer Sundays Schedule” in the left-hand column, too.
- There’s more that’s just not ready for me to get to and probably some broken links. But what more do we need at the moment except that spreadsheet (again, better-looking on dreamleague.org), this blog explanation, and the Make Special Request links, right?
As far as this Sun 7/12, I haven’t had time to update the scores. I will do that asap by late morning today…
- SF: Gateway gym director tells me they’re painting the gym and we might not have that gym. I have the TI gym director getting back to me as to how many games we can have there. I have old MDLS *possibly* available starting at 5pm. A lot of gym information in SF will come to me in the next 24 hours. ISA update: getting closer to having the rim switch fixed, but probably not by this Sun 7/19; incredibly, Sun 7/26 looks realistic!
- OAK: AHSM again, but the secondary gym for the daytime might be BCRC instead of AHSX. We’ll see.
- SJ: The above issues have caused delays for me to complete the season schedule, but again you already know your game is at either 12,1,2, or 3p at STCC. When I can come up for air, I’ll complete the season template. We’re back down to 8 teams (not 9), therefore every team will play every week and there will not be any byes because there are an even number of teams.
THU 7/9 (5:45PM) — SJ schedule for this Sun 7/12 is now up. Hopefully there are zero changes because any special requests would greatly impact the resulting season schedule, which I’ve yet to publish. SJ is a very delicate house of cards so I’ll be in touch with each captain about the remaining season schedule shortly. As previously posted, SF and OAK have been ready to go since the last hour. Scroll down or…
THU 7/9 (4:45PM) — OAK schedule is now done. Tons of complications with the 3 scorekeepers there playing on various teams, so it’s like crazy musical chairs, but we figured it out. It really can’t change much, as indicated by the multiple games listed in bold plus all the scorekeepers’ initials, so hopefully there are no complaints. Now working on SJ, in which the main challenge is sort of figuring out a balanced schedule and ranking all 9 teams there… (1:30PM) — I’ve finalized the SF tipoffs, which haven’t changed chronologically since I first posted the Draft. No problems there. OAK is complicated. SJ will follow. Got a dentist appt to deal with right now, be back soon… (10:45AM) — Put some potential swaps in OAK in red. This is purely due to scorekeeping staffing. Some captains have been notified by text about the potential changes as well. Meanwhile, SF looks solid and I don’t see GATE/TIYM changing much. Finally, SJ will be hashed out later this afternoon, but the framework is in place and it’s just a matter of dropping team names into the appropriate buckets to figure out the actual matchups/tipoffs for this Sun 7/12. I should be done with all scheduling by 5pm today. Feel free to text me any burning questions in the interim.
THU 7/9 (2:15AM) — Draft version is below, scroll down or hit the jump link. I’d say it’s 85% done, so 15% likely to change but hopefully not by much, hopefully no wrenches thrown in from left field last-minute. Start times for each gym: GATE early morning, TIYM early afternoon, AHSM early morning, AHSX (Alameda aux gym) mid-morning, STCC noon. Next step: wait for scorekeeping staffing issues to come in and hope there’s no major changes based on coverage of gyms.
I’m expected to cover the Draymond Green press conference at Warriors HQ tomorrow for @LetsGoWarriors, so probably finalize tipoffs at like 2pm or something…
WED 7/8 (9:00PM) — Just realized the bottom half of the SF rankings are all whacked, so I fixed those, although there’s likely still some wrong ones, but oh well we move on. Again, I’m all ears for any captains who think any part of the rankings are wrong… (8:15PM) — All info has been acquired to allow me to proceed on scheduling. OAK matchups are done, SF matchups now underway, and framework for SJ has been completed.
WED 7/8 (5:00PM) — Preliminary matchups for OAK done, although waiting on Dons and Panthers to answer back on doubleheaders. SF scheduling still depends on number of teams. Might start SJ scheduling next.
WED 7/8 (4:15PM) — I need to put the SF scheduling on hold due to: 1) needing feedback from gym director on what’s our latest tipoff available, and 2) there might actually be two free agent teams, not one. As such, I am putting SF on the backburner because I can’t even create matchups due to those issues and will embark on OAK scheduling now.
WED 7/8 (3:30PM) — Latest and greatest:
- SF: Will start scheduling now. 33 teams, 3 teams asking for a bye (see Submitted Special Requests link in the right-hand panel), so there’s 30 teams to schedule, so that’s probably 15 games. Unless there is an issue with an odd number of teams (e.g., one, three) that throws a wrench in things, I plan not be scheduling any doubleheaders yet for the teams who have started late.
- OAK: 32 teams, so probably 16 games. However, I’m awaiting confirmation on gym status from AHSM, so this scheduling will occur after SF.
- SJ: We will definitely start this Sun 7/12, as the gym has been secured at STCC for 12,1,2,3p tipoffs. There will be 9 teams. I will schedule this last since the variance in tipoffs is not that big for everyone in the league. You’re playing within a window of 4 hours for sure, which is a narrower window than most of the peeps in SF/OAK waiting for the schedule.
TUE 7/7 (5:15PM) — Rankings for SF and OAK are now done. I’ll have Peter take a look at OAK. Any issues with the rankings, have your captain text me asap, as the scheduling is all based on that, as you know. I’ll start dabbling with the scheduling for this Sun 7/12, although I still have to do that webhost switch.
TUE 7/7 (1:30PM) — Scores from 7/5 have been posted and so have all of the stat recaps and, so far, the OAK instagram posts…
Right now, I will be updating the SF and OAK rankings. SJ is scheduled to start this Sun 7/12 (12p-3p tipoffs at STCC) and I’ll be in touch with those captains by text shortly.
Finally, we’re moving webhosts so the site may go down. Captains can reach me by text still, obviously, and worst case, I could give them access to the schedule spreadsheet.
THU 7/2 (1:45PM) — OAK schedule is up and we might add 7p Classics vs Running Rebels, depending on team AND gym director confirmations… (10:45AM) — OAK schedule is currently dependent on response from Classics. Still no answer from captain. If anyone is on this team, please email or text me asap!
THU 7/2 (9:30AM) — Still waiting on a couple of last-minute data from OAK to come in before publishing the tipoffs. SF tipoffs are now set, though… (12:30AM) — Draft for this Sun 7/5 is now up, in chronological order but I’ll wait on finalizing tipoffs til 8am, just in case. Scroll down or hit the jump link. GATE likely to open gym midday. BCRC opening time is probably early afternoon.
In OAK, had to force a bye (as you can see on the OAK rankings) on Classics, Running Rebels, and Dons, due to lack of available opponents near their ranking.
WED 7/1 (10:00PM) — Reached another impasse for OAK. The matchups are hard to do because there’s a slew of teams wanting a bye in certain sections of the rankings. So I have to wait for more information to come in. Also still waiting for more info from an SF team, so we’re in limbo at the moment… (9:45PM) — Forgot to mention that we’ve updated the rankings for OAK. Please let us know if you see anything that’s out of whack. We’re just doing our best. Could be wrong. It’s not humanly possible for any person on our staff to see every game, not to mention when we see a game one of the teams might not have its full squad, so we don’t necessarily have a 100% eye test.
WED 7/1 (8:45PM) — SF matchups are ready to go and there’s a draft, but not sure if Braddaz are able to play at a certain time, so I’ll put SF on the backburner for now because if they don’t play, then matchups change. Will now mock up a draft for OAK… (8:00PM) — More information has come in for SF teams, so I’m able to resume scheduling for that right now. Also got rankings input from Peter and will implement those after I get a draft of SF up.
WED 7/1 (2:00PM) — Also have reached an impasse in the OAK scheduling. Need some teams to play outside of their timeframe, otherwise I’ll have to force a bye or two and there might be some matchups that have a lot of teams in between the ranked teams. I will resume the process once I get back pertinent information from the captains I have texted.
WED 7/1 (1:45PM) — Reached an impasse on the SF scheduling. Hoping some teams can play a bit later than their timeframe. So I have to put the SF schedule on the backburner until I get more information back from teams. I’ll start on OAK scheduling now.
WED 7/1 (12:30PM) — All OAK scores from Sun 6/28 and preliminary rankings are done, although Peter will take a last pass at the rankings later today. I will now begin SF scheduling. You can see the rankings on the SF and OAK tabs below on the embedded spreadsheet…
WED 7/1 (12:00PM) — Can’t start on the SF schedule yet, due to that 7p tipoff (if we can find an opponent for that team). So meanwhile, I’ll put that on the backburner and start working on OAK scores, re-rankings, and scheduling.
WED 7/1 (10:45AM) — Looks like there are 15-16 teams ready to play this Sun 7/5 in SF. So we’ll go ahead with trying to schedule it. Last tip has to be at 7p, though, which means we start no earlier than 12p. Still waiting on a couple teams to respond. As for OAK, not quite there yet. Still have to do rankings there and still waiting on responses for 7/5 from various captains.
WED 7/1 (10:00AM) — I was out of commission yesterday due to illness, therefore, we do have a lot of responses back from teams in SF about this Sun 7/5, since I was able to text all of them on Monday. OAK teams are still in the process of responding, as I was not able to text them yesterday. I will now update the scores from this past Sun 6/28 for SF, then start formulating a schedule for this Sun 7/5 to see if there are enough games we can play to make it worthwhile for everyone. You can see on the Submitted Special Requests page (link is in the righthand column) as to which teams have requested a bye so far.
MON 6/29 (11:59PM) — Just sent out texts to all SF captains to see if their teams can play this Sun 7/5 (no obligation — it’s July 4th Weekend). I will do the same with OAK captains in the morning, but feel free to be proactive and submit the Special Request to have a bye on 7/5 (link is in the right-hand column of any page here).
MON 6/29 (4:00PM) — We’ve been putting so-called “stat recaps” and IG posts of players of the game up on social media. I’ll try to add a widget later to just have them on this site, embedded, but here are the links for now…
FRI 6/26 (10:45AM) — We couldn’t get AHSX (aux gym), so we’ve moved all those to BCRC and attached the evening games to the set. See below by scrolling down or hit the jump link…
THU 6/25 (8:15PM) — Someone noticed that all the dates for the 6/28 tab were “6/21”, so I’ve corrected that to be “6/28” of course. Thanks!… (7:00PM) — Tipoffs are final except, of course, the “5p or 6p” and “6p or 7p” at BCRC, which is dependent on what the AHSX gym director says. So if we have to move all the AHSX games to BCRC then we’ll line them all up. Text me if you’re confused by that… (6:30PM) — Now I’m being told the AHSX gym is not a sure thing. Good thing we have BCRC as a backup.
THU 6/25 (6:00PM) — Below is the updated draft with TIYM now opening early morning. I plan to publish the final schedule in one hour. Just need to make sure I didn’t overlap anybody playing on two teams and my scorekeepers can get to where they’re needed… (5:15PM) — Just got a call from the TYIM director and, lo and behold, he wants us to go earlier. So I’ve got to do some shuffling of the GATE and TYIM schedules… (2:00PM) — Forgot to mention, the last 3 games at TIYM might not happen which is why they’re in red.
THU 6/25 (1:45PM) — The draft of the SF schedule is now also up, along with OAK for this Sun 6/28. I’m going to let it marinate probably until 7p tonight. If anyone has any qualms with any of it, please text me. Here are the probable gym opening times, then you can go down the list of games chronologically to estimate the time of day of your game…
- GATE: open early morning
- TIYM: open
- AHSM: open early morning
- AHSX: open early afternoon
- BCRC: open evening
THU 6/25 (12:45PM) — Initial rankings for SF are now up. I will now start the first draft of the SF schedule. Meanwhile, OAK continues to marinate, but is looking good, as previously posted.
THU 6/25 (11:15AM) — Btw, if you ever have problems with the embedded schedule below, first off, try using Google Chrome and secondly, might want to refresh if you’re looking at it close to the same time as I’m posting them. Not sure how instantaneous the changes are reflected.
THU 6/25 (11:00AM) — First draft of the OAK sched for this Sun 6/28 is now up, below, and it is already listed in chronological order. We’ll open up AHSM early morning, AHSX early afternoon, and BCRC evening… (10:30AM) — As you can see now on the OAK sheet, the matchups for this Sun 6/28 have been determined. I will now setup the draft of the schedule based on the tipoff structures of the gyms. (10:00AM) — List of OAK teams and rankings is now up, click the “OAK” sheet below on the embedded spreadsheet. Any qualms with any of the rankings, text me asap. I’m now going to build the schedule based on these rankings.
THU 6/25 (7:30AM) — Good news yesterday for the SF gym situation, but bad news was, I wasn’t feeling too well so did not get a start on the scheduling. Here’s the update from each location:
- OAK: Back at AHSM again for 9a-4p. Might use their aux gym. Might not. BCRC is available for any games needed after 4p. Working on the schedule now.
- SF: We have about 24 teams ready to go, probably another 5-6 that just simply can’t start this Sun 6/28, and 2 gyms with 11 timeslots. Gateway HS (more info later) will have 9a-4p tipoffs, and TIYM (Treasure Island, see gym codes below) will have 12p-2p and may add 3p-5p tipoffs. We will know more on Friday. Will work on the schedule after OAK draft is set. WE DODGED A BULLET!
- SJ: We will start probably on Sun 7/12 at STCC. All registered captains have been notified of the changing dynamics of San Jose.
WED 6/24 (5:00AM) — Just sent an update to all SF captains by email. OAK captains will be contacted later today (there will definitely be games again this Sun 6/28 at AHSM and BCRC). SJ captains have already been contacted by me starting yesterday. If your team’s captain is in SF or SJ and has not heard from me, please have him text me immediately.
WED 6/24 (4:00AM) — New schedule spreadsheet is below. More info soon…
FRI 6/19 (8:00AM) — Here’s the OAK schedule for this Sun 6/21. I’ll pretty it up and have the embedded spreadsheet ready later today…
6/21 11:00 AM AHSM o-dl/ta Franchize at Guardians
6/21 12:00 PM AHSM oak-nc DFG at NPL
6/21 1:00 PM AHSM oak-nc Number 1 Extra Large at GSW
6/21 2:00 PM AHSM oak-dl Running Rebels at Btown
6/21 3:00 PM AHSM oak-dl Tropic Thunder at Oakland Sonics
6/21 5:00 PM BCRC oak-dl Classics at Splash City
6/21 6:00 PM BCRC oak-nc Last Minute at Shoot Em Up
THU 6/18 (7:45PM) — Here is a quick draft of the OAK games we plan to have this Sun 6/21. We will probably open Alameda in the late morning, then move over to Bushrod for the evening games. Waiting for both gym directors to confirm. Again, target publish time is tonight at midnight…
THU 6/18 (6:30PM) — New bye list below… (3:00PM) — Here’s the list of teams in OAK. There’s an odd number of teams so now I am asking each captain if they would want to do a doubleheader…
CAPTAINS THAT HAVE CONFIRMED THIS SUN 6/21:
OAK-TA The Guardians 10a-1p
OAK-DL Btown! 12p-9p
OAK-DL Oakland Sonics 11a-3p
OAK-DL Splash City 5p-9p
OAK-DL Tropic Thunder 3p-9p
OAK-DL The Classics 4p-9p
OAK-DL Running Rebels 11a-4p
OAK-DL Franchize (10a-12p)
OAK-NC Shoot em’ up 3p-8p
OAK-NC The NPL 12p-5p
OAK-NC DFG 9a-12p
OAK-NC GSW 9a-2p
OAK-NC (Number One) Extra Large 12p-5p
OAK-NC Last Minute 4p-9p
BYES FOR 6/21:
OAK-DL Mirror Force
OAK-NC Warriors-Rec (11a-3p)
OAK-NC WWWD? 9a-2p
(2:30PM) — Still in the midst of setting up the embedded spreadsheet schedule that you usually see here. As for this Sun 6/21…
- SF: no games, all registrants have been emailed the stats — HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
- SJ: no games yet, still trying to secure gym
- OAK: we forge ahead! See below…
I am now working on listing out all the teams that have confirmed they are ready to go for this Sun 6/21. I will post this list soon.
Schedule for 6/21 should be done by midnight.
FRI 6/12 (1:30PM) — SF schedule is done!… (1:00PM) — I think I’ll wait one more hour before putting this to bed. Just need that one final confirmation as you can see below for SF… (12:45PM) — Waiting on certain teams to confirm the SF schedule below… (12:30PM) — Below the next paragraph is my first stab at the SF schedule, a work in progress. But first, here’s the OAK schedule for the guys in Oakland, copy/pasted here from the post at 11:30am earlier:
BUSHROD THIS SUN 6/14 — FINAL SCHEDULE
12:00PM, BCRC: oak-nc WWWD at Check
1:00PM, BCRC: oak-dl Mirror Force at Undrafted
2:00PM, BCRC: oak-nc Warriors at Check
ISAH THIS SUN 6/14 — FINAL SCHEDULE
9:30AM ISAH: sf-nc/dl The Bros at Kuyabruddaz
10:30AM ISAH: sf-dl We Goofy at Goon Squad
11:30AM ISAH: sf-dl Pump Fake Travel at Yeezus
12:30PM ISAH: sf-dl Hyperdrunks at Icy Hot
1:30PM ISAH: sf-dl Shaqtin A Fool at Five19
2:30PM ISAH: sf-dl Ball Out at Lob City
FRI 6/12 (12:20PM) — I have re-ordered the SF list of teams below to “sort of” rank them on-the-fly, based on the registration information I have so far plus my knowledge of the team from last season, if any. Looks like I may sit Disgusting because they were willing to take a bye and we have an odd number of teams, plus we need to get it all done by 3p latest tipoff due to the… WWWWWAAAAAAAARRRRRRIORRSSS!!!
(12:15PM) — Here’s the list of SF teams that originally signed up to start on or before 6/14 (I’m using asterisks *** to denote teams that I have already scheduled above TENTATIVELY)…
- ***SF-DL+ Goon Squad <12p
- ***SF-DL+ We Goofy 10a-3p
- ***SF-DL+ Yeezus 9a-1p — doubleheader ok
- ***SF-DL+ Lob City >230p
- ***SF-DL+ Icy Hot 9a-12p
- ***SF-DL+ Ball Out 9a-2p
- ***SF-DL- Hyperdrunks 9a-2p — doubleheader ok
- ***SF-DL- Five19 3p-9p — doubleheader ok
- ***SF-DL- Shaqtin a Fool 12p-5p
- ***SF-DL- Pump Fake Travel 10a-3p — doubleheader ok
- ***SF-DL- Kuyabruddaz 9a-3p
- ***BYE*** SF-NC Disgustingly Modest 11a or bye
- ***SF-NC The Bros 9a-2p — doubleheader ok, not preferred
FRI 6/12 (11:30AM) — Finally getting settled in at SFO. All of the OAK tipoffs below have been moved earlier one hour due to my scorekeeper not being able to scorekeep past a 2pm tipoff. All games in OAK are at BCRC (Bushrod). See my post from 5am below. The old times are
crossed out, for clarity.
I will now being work on the SF schedule. Again, SJ will not start until 6/21 or possibly 6/28.
FRI 6/12 (5:00AM) — I have been in contact by text with each and every team in SF and OAK that has registered and put 6/14 as a possible start date. First, here’s the OAK list in no particular order. A lot of teams have pushed back to the Sun 6/21 start date, for obvious reasons (LetsGoWarriors!)…
- OAK-NC Check 10a-3p (can play DH if needed)
- OAK-NC WWWD 9a-2p (prefers 6/21 start but can do 6/14)
- OAK-NC Warriors 10a-3p (one game only)
- OAK-DL Mirror Force 1p-6p (DH ok)
- OAK-DL Undrafted 2p-6p
So it looks like we would have to have Undrafted at 2pm and flow from there. Here’s a possibility… 1:00PM 12:00PM, BCRC: oak-nc WWWD at Check
2:00PM 1:00PM, BCRC: oak-dl Mirror Force at Undrafted
3:00PM 2:00PM, BCRC: oak-nc Warriors at Check NOTE: THE ABOVE IS NOT FINAL! The above is now final as of Fri 6/12 11:30AM.
I’ve texted these OAK captains to see if that’s okay. I’m currently in CHI en route heading back to SFO from Cleveland. Will work on SF scheduling at ISAH for this Sun 6/14 when I land at SFO.
FRI 6/5 (4:00PM) — Here is the schedule for this Sun 6/7. Lob City said they could play as early as 12p, so we’ll go with that and get it all overwith early. All games are at ISA. Text me if you have any questions on how to get there…
10:00AM Icy Hot at Ball Out
11:00AM Disgustingly Modest at Kuyabruddaz
12:00PM Pump Fake Travel at Lob City
FRI 6/5 (8:30AM) — Btw, sorry I’m slow on the full list of teams that are signing up. I should have that ready soon. One of the issues was the transition from the original system to the new one, as I have emailed captains about. I still need to transfer all of that data over, because not everyone re-registered their information on the new one yet.
FRI 6/5 (8:15AM) — There are two more SF teams that could start this Sun 6/7: Hyperdrunks and Disgustingly Modest, although the latter is a Non-Competitive division team (all of the ones slated to start so far are D-League, see previous post).
FRI 6/5 (7:30AM) — First off, the hard launch date has been postponed to 6/21 due to the NBA Finals, even if it only goes 4 games.
Here are the teams that want to start this Sun 6/7 in SF, their division they want to start in, and the timeframe of tipoffs they are available…
Bus Drivers, The Association, 1p-6p — NO OTHER “TA” OPPONENT YET
Pump Fake Travel, D-League, 10a-3p
Lob City, D-League, 2p-7p
Icy Hot, D-League, 9a-12p
Kuyabruddaz, D-League, 10a-3p
Ball Out, D-League, 9a-2p
Hyperdunks, D-League, 9a-2p — AWAITING CONFIRMATION
Disgustingly Modest, Non-Competitive, 11a-4p — AWAITING CONFIRMATION, NO OTHER “NC” OPPONENT YET
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there’s an opponent for Bus Drivers this Sun 6/7. The rest of the teams, we have 5 teams ready to go, so that means either one team has to sit or one team has to play a doubleheader. Whatever the case, it appears the game schedule would be as follows, based on the available timeframes (games at ISA High School):
12:00PM Pump Fake, Icy Hot, Kuyabruddaz, or Ball Out (Hyperdrunks?)
1:00PM Pump Fake, Icy Hot, Kuyabruddaz, or Ball Out (Hyperdrunks?)
2:00PM Pump Fake, Icy Hot, Kuyabruddaz, Ball Out, or Lob City (Hyperdrunks?)
(NBA Finals is at 5:00PM)
So it looks like, if Lob City plays, they would be “anchoring” the schedule with that 2p requirement (for them being the earliest possible tipoff on Sundays).
In Oakland, we don’t have any teams yet that want to start this Sun 6/7.
Keep checking back here for updates. Thanks!
SAT 5/16 (4:45PM) — All brackets have been updated. Championship team captains have been contacted to get the t-shirt sizes. Bulk t-shirt order will be place on Mon 5/18 and hopefully they arrive by the next week. I will be making deliveries shortly thereafter.
Sun 5/3 and 5/10
WED 4/29 (5:45PM) — All the brackets have been updated. Here’s a rundown of the SJ-TA bracket. First off, we have 6 teams now in the Losers Bracket. So you have the top two seeds left over automatically advancing just a little bit within the Losers Bracket, as their high seed earned them a chance to wait on lower seeds to kill each other off.
First we momentarily remove #2 and #5 because they’re the highest seeds. However, the problem we have here is that #8 has already played #9 and we want to promote diversity of schedule when it is not absolutely critical to matchups, so we can’t have #6 vs #12, because that ends up with #8 vs #9.
That means we have #6 vs #9 and #8 vs #12. Naturally, being the higher seed left over, #2 gets the winner of #8 vs #12, with the benefit of playing against the “probable” lower seed that will advance (#8, let’s say). Meantime, #5 gets the probable other winner, which is a higher seed than what #2 will play against, because #5 is lower than #2, so again, #2 gets all the advantages.
A couple of the SF and OAK Losers Brackets played out this way as well, in case you were wondering. They’re certainly not as complicated as SJ-TA, though.
There is one caveat that could blow up all the above: If there is an impasse in the scheduling, namely, matchups can’t agree on tipoff timeframes and presents a scheduling stalemate, I reserve the right to throw out the “diversity” goal in favor of the “logistics” goal.
No write-up for update ahead of 4/26 schedule. Have your captain text me if there are/were any issues in the bracket.
TUE 4/14 (7:00PM) — Here’s a rundown of the final standings and, therefore, rankings of SJ-TA. There were 12 teams, 11 of which seem to all be able to beat each other. We discussed the issue with the 12th0-ranked team and they agreed to forge ahead as-is (an option was to switch to OAK-NC bracket, but the drive was too far).
The rankings, unlike during the regular season, are now entirely based on standings. With all 12 teams included, that’s the best and fairest way to do it. That’s how they would do it in the NFL, whose “Wild Card” tiebreaker system we will use, because it’s the best available for “short” seasons (e.g., we won’t use NBA or MLB systems because those are for 82- and 162-game regular seasons).
The tiebreaker system is as follows: 1) win-loss record (of course), then if tied go to 2) head-to-head result, then if still tied go to 3) win-loss record against common opponents, then if still tied go to the so-called 4) “strength of victory” determination, which we will interpret as point differential in games won — with a cap at 20 for blowouts. If you have multiple teams tied, you use the system to eliminate teams tied, then the ones still tied after that, you start at the top again (head-to-head, for example) to further eliminate teams from a group that’s tied. You can look this tiebreaker up; it is the official NFL tiebreaker system. Here we go…
- SJ Hibachi (6-0)
- Basketballs Of Fury (5-1)
- Old Guns (3-2) — no h2h vs 408Da, tied 1-0 vs common opp (HitSq), SOV = +38
- 408DaGoGettas (3-2) — no h2h vs OldG, tied 1-0 vs common opp (HitSq), SOV = +33
- Bay Kingz (2-2) — 1-0 common opp (TSASC) vs BadN/DemB/Thund, won h2h vs BadN
- Bad News (3-3) — 1-0 common opp (TSASC) vs BayK/DemB/Thund, lost h2h vs BayK
- Dem Boyz (3-3) — 0-1 common (TSASC) v BayK/BadN/Thund, no 2h2 & 2-2 comm (HitSq/TSASC/Regula) v Thund, SOV = +42
- Thunder (3-3) — 0-1 common (TSASC) v BayK/BadN/DemB, no h2h & 2-2 comm (HitSq/TSASC/Regula) v DemB, SOV = +23
- TSA Santa Clara (2-4) — no h2h, 1-0 common opp (Thund) vs HitSq/Gunner
- Hit Squad (2-4) — no h2h, 0-1 common opp (Thund) vs TSASC/Gunner, won h2h vs Gunner
- Gunners (2-4) — no h2h, 0-1 common opp (Thund) vs TSASC/HitSq, lost h2h vs HitSq
- Regulators (0-6)
MON 4/13 (4:00PM) — Here is the long overdue bracket-by-bracket explanation. Things always are most interesting after the 2nd round of the playoffs, anyways. You can see the bracket taking shape and which teams will probably fill out what bracket on the road to the so-called “Last Losers Bracket Game, plus Championship” Sunday.
So because of the double-elimination status, recall that anybody that falls to the Losers Bracket is likely to play a doubleheader as they try to traverse the Losers Bracket, all the while the Winners Bracket leader has the clear advantage. That’s a basic premise for understanding how to read these brackets.
Let’s hope there are no bye requests for this Sun 4/19 that mess up my explanations…
- SF-TA: Standard 8-team bracket, very straightforward.
- SF-DL/G: Sometimes you only end up with 4 teams in which case, on paper, the top seed isn’t likely to blow out the lowest seed. We have that situation here. The only quirk here is that We Goofy asked for a bye on 4/12. While we can accommodate, we don’t really want to penalize the other teams involved for being available week by week — unless they, too, wanted a bye — so what we will do is, if We Goofy *loses* their Winners Bracket game vs Splash City on 4/19, we will try to make it so that they will have to play the Prodigies in the Losers Bracket. If We Goofy *wins* their Winners Bracket game, then it really wouldn’t be fair to force Splash City into a doubleheader when the Prodigies didn’t have to do the same. CAVEAT: If I can’t pull this off logistically (e.g., Prodigies say they need to know one way or another whether they’re playing), then we’ll probably just have the Losers Bracket take a bye on 4/19.
- SF-DL/S: In the Losers Bracket, we try to avoid repeat matchups because one of the mantras of Dream League is to have diversity of schedule. However, sometimes that can’t be avoided. In this case, with both Stache Brothers and Flight Club Cobras telling me that they don’t think they can compete in this bracket (and I kind of agree with them), we now have an odd number of teams in the Losers Bracket. That means one team gets the benefit of awaiting the winner of the other two-team matchup. Which one will it be? It will be the one with the higher seed. So in this case, you *do* have a repeat of #4 Team USA vs #5 Sole Legit that is “unavoidable”, at least in terms of fairness (imposing a doubleheader taking precedence over diversity of schedule). There is another example of this with the OAK-DL bracket. The SF-NC bracket is an example where we *can* rematch to avoid a repeat. So check those for further explanation.
- SF-DL/B: Everything is progressing with this 7-team bracket as normal, after forcing the two teams moving down from SF-DL/S (Flight Club Cobras vs Stache Brothers) to play against each other and carry the one loss into this bracket. Notice the “mini-final-four” that will occur next Sun 4/19 in the Losers Bracket. This is so that we can have just two teams for the Losers Bracket on 4/26, the winner of which will then proceed to face the survivor of the Winners Bracket on the same Sunday, 4/26, barring unforeseen circumstances.
- SF-NC: Standard 6-team bracket where we wait for the results of the first four Winners Bracket in order to have that more-desired “mini-final-four” in the Losers Bracket so we can have just two in the Losers Bracket the week after, the winner of which will be in the Championship the same Sunday. Here, we have a situation where the survivor of the Losers Bracket mini-final-four is going to be the clear-cut deserving survivor, no matter how you slice and dice the two matchups of the four teams. Because of the even number of teams, we can then avoid a repeat matchup because we already had the standard #3 vs #6 and #4 vs #5 in the first round. So we take the top seed, #3, and we match them up against the next-lowest seed that avoids #6, which would be #5. And that’s how we wind up with #3 vs #5 and #4 vs #6 in the Losers Bracket for Sun 4/19. Both winners end up playing a doubleheader.
- OAK-TA: Pretty standard 4-team bracket. SF-DL/G above is similar.
- OAK-DL: We started this 9-team bracket with the thought that, because it’s neither the top nor the lowest division, not to penalize a team with a doubleheader just because they were the lowest seed. And that’s why we had a delay in the #8/#9/#1 set, where Basic Addition now must wait until 4/26 for the next round as the top of the Winners Bracket catches up. With the odd number of teams left in the Losers Bracket, #8 must face #9 again, even though we prefer not to repeat matchups. Here, they have the worst seeds, so *someone* has to play a doubleheader. The top seed remaining in the Losers Bracket, in this case #2 Heem Team, gets the benefit of playing one of those teams on their second game. Traversing the Losers Bracket, you can see that we’re able to end up with two remaining teams on 5/3, the winner to play the Winners Bracket survivor also on 5/3.
- O-NC/AM: Standard 8-team bracket.
- O-NC/PM: Sometimes the AM/PM issue, especially over the years in Oakland, is so dramatic that we have no choice but to just have 3 teams if there are only 3 teams that can logistically attend games during a certain timeframe. Oakland Sonics asked for a bye on 4/12, so because we had to have the round robin between three teams occur in any particular order, we now have a situation where Last Minute has lost two games and been eliminated. That leaves Dreaming vs Sonics, which hasn’t happened yet. Therefore, the loser of this game on 4/19 will have only lost one game, so both teams will definitely face each other again on 4/26. And it could stretch out to 5/3, depending. Essentially, with the third team eliminated, we are down to a 3-game series between Dreaming and Sonics.
MON 4/6 (10:00AM) — Welcome to the 2015 Winter-Spring Playoff Brackets page, where below you can visually see the brackets and, at the nodes of each matchup, the date on which the matchup is predicted to be played (barring unforeseen circumstances such as bye requests or gym issues).
Currently, all of the SF and OAK brackets are displayed. SJ is not in playoffs yet and theirs will be published by their 2nd round of playoffs. I will explain in more detail some of the nuances of the SF and OAK brackets later today.
|SCHEDULE –> boxscores
STANDINGS –> team stats
STATS LEADERS –> teams
|DISCOUNTED CUSTOMIZABLE UNIS!
$32 for tops only
$49 for full top/bottom
Reliable order fulfillment!
Click here for details
Email me to order!
SAT 3/14 (11:15AM) — Guess people are seeing their stats up and wanting to show out, because Isaiah Sandoval went nuts, although it was against cellar-dweller and depleted Sole Legit: 47 points, 20 rebounds, and 10 assists!
Even though this league will always be a relative small sample size, that puts Sandoval in 2nd in the scoring race, a couple points behind Roy Giles, who went 8-for-11 to maintain his incredible shooting pace at .623, but still behind Sunny Margate, who’s still at .696 and his three-point percentage actually went *down* after going 2-for-3 from downtown last Wed 3/11.
Meanwhile, Margate now leads assists per game with 5.3 (Brian Goins has only played one game and technically wouldn’t qualify in the final tally if that stayed the same) and Sandoval’s right behind him, plus Sandoval is now leading the league in rebounding.
As for the standings race, think of it as playoffs already, although it’s not. Sole Legit will get the auto-bye this upcoming Wed 3/18 due to being in 5th Place. Now is the chance for teams at the top to stay at the top, or teams trying to get to the top to beat the teams in their way. So that’s why we have 3rd-Place Quick Fast vs 4th-Place YGM, then 1st-Place Thrown Together vs 2nd-Place GoGetIt this Wed 3/18.
That will be the only way to attain the 1st- or 2nd-Place thresholds needed to play in the championship two weeks from now on 4/1. It’s pretty much do or die from this point on. The big test is the *loser* of GoGetIt vs Thrown Together. That loser would need to win again the following Wed 3/25 to maintain top billing, assuming the winner keeps winning. Still a lot can happen if GoGetIt or Thrown Together slips up these next two Wednesdays. So, not surprisingly, YGM and Quick Fast will need some help and do not necessarily control their own destiny.
Bottom line: The standings are still relevant. Keep winning to move up. Tiebreakers are the same as the NFL’s: head-to-head matchups then record against common opponents, then and only then point-differential in games won (the NFL’s so-called “strength of victory”), followed by straight point-differential.
TIYM = Treasure Island YMCA Main Gym, parking lot at 9th St and Avenue I
[iframe https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NKw0bdl5NodPV6MNT_EkUNIa7q-u6hctYNkwEWGT76k/pubhtml?gid=603223050&single=true 800 800]
SAT 3/7 (9:30AM) — Thanks to Peter for handling the logistics in my absence this past Wed 3/4. Let’s take a look at the STANDINGS and remaining SCHEDULE real quick. Treat every game as if it were a playoff game from here on out!…
Thrown Together (3-0): Faces last-place Sole Legit this Wed 3/11, and so on paper looks like a favorite to head into the playoff positioning weeks of Wed 3/18 and 3/25 at the top of the standings, likely to face GoGetIt — against whom they got a big win two weeks ago — on 3/18.
GoGetIt (2-1): The depleted loss to Thrown Together Wed 2/18 looms large, so they must fend off YGM this Wed 3/11 if they want an opportunity to seek revenge on Thrown Together when the top two teams face off on Wed 3/18. Remember, the Championship on 4/1 is quite simply the top two teams, so any “revenge” games late in the season become key. A loss to YGM doesn’t mean the end of the world, but that would result in having to climb back through more teams and relying on other teams to lose.
Quick Fast (2-2): Just two weeks ago, lost by only 2 points to GoGetIt, then lost again this past Wed 3/4 to Thrown Together. However, they beat the two teams below them, so they do hold a tiebreaker advantage against the bottom of the standings. So they’ll need to hope for an upset by YGM or Sole Legit. If not, then the blueprint becomes winning their probable rematch against one of the teams below them on 3/18, then defeat the loser of the top two teams on 3/25 to snag one of the top two spots.
YGM (1-2): It’s a must-win this Wed 3/11 against GoGetIt. Simple as that.
Sole Legit (0-3): Also a must-win this Wed 3/11 against Thrown Together. The good news is, the matchup against one of the top two teams, so all hope is not lost just yet.
By the time all games are completed on Wed 3/25, the 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-Place teams will have all played 6 games. The 4th- and 5th-Place teams will have played 5 games. So that’s why on Championship Night of 4/1, you have a “Friendship Game” between the two teams that have only played 5 games, plus the Championship between the top two teams.
So it ends up the top two teams will have played 7 games each and the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams will have played 6 each.
STATS LEADER-BOARD OBSERVATIONS:
- Steve Leeder of Sole Legit went 10-for-24 from three-point land this past Wed 3/4. That’s probably a Dream League record in terms of attempts from beyond the arc in one game!
- In the same game, Roy Giles of GoGetIt scored 47 points (not a Dream League record, which I believe is around 52 points or so) on a highly efficient 18-for-27 field and 8-for-11 downtown. No wonder he leads the league in scoring by ELEVEN points!
- Deandre Smith is atop the leaderboard in assists (tied-1st, 5.3 apg) and steals (2nd, 2.7 spg) plus FT% (5-for-5), but only has a 5.3-to-4.7 assist-to-turnover ratio. Which means this: He’s all over the place! No doubt, if it could be tracked, he’d lead the league in miles-ran-per-game by…a mile!
- Speaking of leading the league in assists, how about power forward Sunny Margate? He’s also tied for 2nd in the league in blocked shots. Oh, and he’s “only” shooting 69.2% from downtown (9-for-13). He’s at a league-leading 70% overall from the field, which means his two-pointers are going in at an even higher rate.
MON 2/23 (3:45PM) — Season schedule has been corrected and is shown below (scroll down or hit the jump link). Don’t forget to read the details of it listed 3 paragraphs below…
MON 2/23 (3:15PM) — Stats are updated! Bear in mind, two teams (GoGetIt and Sole Legit) have only played one game, so the stats are a little skewed in the early going, but they’re complete. Check the links on the right side of this paragraph! Meanwhile, just need to hear back from one more team and the remaining season schedule will be posted.
MON 2/23 (12:30PM) — There is an error in the schedule. I will need to take it down right now and fix it. Sorry about that. Thanks to YGM for pointing that out… (11:15AM) — Added season schedule explanation in bullet points below… (11:00AM) — The season schedule has now been revamped! Team Thrown Together has claimed the next bye for this Wed 2/25, so the only byes left are for Quick Fast and YGM. We can still swap that schedule around for 3/4 and 3/11, if necessary, but the season schedule below (scroll down) is what we have.
The schedule ends up with the 2 championship game teams playing 7 games and everyone else playing 6 games. Sunny and I are in discussions to find the best solution for this 5-team format we have right now. The format is as follows:
- Play 1 game vs each of 4 other opponents, 1 team takes a bye each Wed.
- For the 5th game, 5th-Place team takes a bye, 4th Place vs 3rd, 2nd vs 1st.
- The 5th game would pretty much lock up the #1 seed.
- For the 6th slate of games, that same 5th-Place team plays the same 2nd Place.
- That’d be the 5th game for the 5th-Place team and is pretty much a do-or-die game.
- For the 6th slate of games, that same 4th-Place team takes a bye.
- That means 3rd Place plays 1st Place, which is a do-or-die for the 3rd Place team.
- On the 7th and final slate of games, Championship is the new 2nd- vs new 1st-Place teams.
- At this point, there would *probably* be 2 teams left that only played 5 games, likely the 5th- and 4th-Place teams unless they upset the higher-favored teams. In any case, we would give a “Friendship Game” to the 2 teams that had only played 5 games. Similarly, there would be one team *not* in the top two — let’s call this the 3rd-Place team for the sake of argument — that would have played 6 games already, and their season would end with no game on Championship/Friendship Night, currently scheduled for Wed 4/1. (Hope that made sense!)
We certainly value your input, so let us know any proposals on it, but please be reminded that with only 5 teams, there’s only so much funds in the pot to schedule games and referees.
Also, if the above bullet points need further explanation, I’m happy to explain it to you by phone or at the gym this Wed, of course.
The other issue is the 715p vs 815p timeslot. Right now, it’s pretty balanced for everybody, but if there’s a team that absolutely cannot play at 715p, speak up now or forever hold your peace. And even if you do, we’d have to ask permission from the other teams, too, since “the good of the many outweigh the good of the one”.
I will now update the scores from our Sunday league yesterday. After that, I will punch in the stats from last Wed 2/18.
THU 2/19 (3:15PM) — After a scheduling snafu yesterday, I will be revamping the schedule, so I’ve taken it offline for now. The good news is, stats from the first week are up…
TUE 2/17 (4:15PM) — This is the first major post of the Wednesday season schedule.
|CLICK HERE FOR 2015 SUMMER RUMOR MILL
(precedes season schedule)
OUR 35TH CONSECUTIVE SEASON (EST. 2002)
We are pleased to announce the following Early-Bird Offers…
- All captains who pay/register by Sun 5/31 get a free league t-shirt
- San Francisco (see next paragraph), and
- Oakland (scroll down or click here to jump down).
Play EXTRA Regular Season Games
in San Francisco FOR FREE!!!
WHO: You and your entire team in Dream League (San Francisco only — see below for Oakland!)
WHAT: “Free” regular season games on 5/31 and/or 6/7
WHERE: ISA High School gym
WHEN: You pick any one OR MORE of the following…
- Play on 5/31*: Pay your $55/slot x 2 roster slots by Wed 5/27
- Play on 6/7*: Pay your $55/slot x 2 roster slots by 5/31 or, if this is Game #2, $55 x 3
NOTE: Regular season officially starts on 6/14 with no byes in between (except for President’s Day — see CALENDAR). This offer is only good if you play every official regular season week between 6/14 and 7/26, inclusive — 7/5 *might* a league-wide bye for July 4th Weekend.
* – Subject to opponent and gym availability (the assumption is, there’s other teams to play against and enough leftover gym time)
WHY: To gain more chemistry for your team, more games, more stats, more comp, more fun! It’s a no brainer if your team is organized and you got your act together!!!
HOW MUCH: THE GYM FEES ARE ON US!!!**
** – Just bring the regular $35 cash game fee — that’s $25 to ref, $10 to scorekeeper — and MAKE SURE YOU’VE PAID THE MINIMUM TWO (2) ROSTER SLOTS ($55 EACH) TO START, THEN ONE (1) EXTRA PER GAME AFTER THAT.
HOW DO WE GET STARTED?: Simply pay for your team’s minimum two roster slots at least seven (7) days in advance, then register, and we’ll schedule you asap! For example, if you want to play this extra/free game on Sun 6/7, pay your roster two (2) roster slots no later than Sun 5/31 at 11:59PM.
HURRY!!! GYM SPACE IS LIMITED!!!
Early-Bird for Oakland
Same as above for SF, but bring $20 to help defray gym costs — that means Dream League is not making any money off your game.
To take advantage of this offer, just email rich(at)dreamleague(dot)org!